Time to get serious

Comments

• Some good news today, house is now showing sstc! Also had a ping from Clearscore that something had changed on my credit file, so that should be the mortgage in progress.
  • The weekend is here, still no rest for us yet though.

More fencing today - hope we don't get blown over. Washing machine has just finished, at least the wind should be good for drying the washing.

Just getting some filing done and decluttering before heading out.
  • Fab news,
    We considered that when we couldn't sell. But we couldn't find enough cash then.
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Hello, found your journal. :) Super exciting about the move! I hope everything goes smoothly with arranging the mortgage/all the other bits.

Now off to read your previous adventures, esp. finding a field. I dream of doing something similar myself (well, ideally, live up the road from an amazing livery so I can walk to the horses but also have the option of taking time off). :rotfl:
  • Thank you mfd, we are very fortunate to be able to even consider this as an option really. I'm quite nervous about the risk (I'm very risk averse) but I'm sure it will work out ok.

Hello hidden, thank you for stopping by. Whilst looking for a house to move to my biggest hope was to find somewhere we could walk to the field from. I think I am stretching it a bit from where we are moving to, it is 7miles. We just couldn't afford the houses that were any closer unfortunately, the cheapest were half a million.

I am really pleased with the amount of fencing completed today. It certainly gives you a workout clearing all the brambles and thumping the posts in. We are soooooo close to the point where we can move the horses in, maybe a few more weeks. We also need to get a gate in between the car park area and the stables, so have started to plan that too. I will be going up tomorrow armed with a huuuuge tape measure.

The tape measure will come in handy next week too, as we are going to the new house to measure up and show DD2 around. Very exciting!
  • Morning everyone, just for a change more fencing today!

I've just logged onto Clearscore and my credit rating has gone down by 11points after being credit checked for the mortgage. Am I sad that I find this interesting?!

When I collected DD2 from work last night she also brought home a load of boxes, which are currently in the spare bedroom. Packing will need to begin soon.

Right, best get the washing on the line and try to squeeze in a bit of ironing whilst hubby cooks a breakfast. He reckons if he does a full English it will keep us fencing for longer!!!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Wow, its full steam ahead on here :):):) hope its all continuing to go well. I am completely familiar with the patterns of gradual moving of stuff between houses - it does make a difference when it comes to the big move, I'm hoping.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Hello hidden, thank you for stopping by. Whilst looking for a house to move to my biggest hope was to find somewhere we could walk to the field from. I think I am stretching it a bit from where we are moving to, it is 7miles. We just couldn't afford the houses that were any closer unfortunately, the cheapest were half a million.

Ouch! 7 miles is quite good, though - imagine it would be 15-20min drive tops? That's not bad. :) And (in theory) you could hack to the house, have a cup of tea, and hack back to the field. (Depending on routes/trails, of course).

Very impressed by you doing the fencing yourself. Not sure we'd be up for it, even if we knew how to do it. (I do want to take some DIY type courses, though, just to become more self-sufficient and/or be able to speak intelligently with workmen about things.)

Hope the fencing and house tours both went well. :)
  • You will never believe what time we went to bed last night....20:30! We were both exhausted, as was the dog too. I'm so glad we put a chicken casserole in the slow cooker for when we came home.

Hidden, the cost of having the fencing done by someone else is a huge motivation for doing it, even though it will take ages! Rough calculations mean each day we spend fencing saves us in the region of £800! We have been lucky that we have had plenty of years 'practicing'. Our current yard we rent but have to do the maintenance, so although we have never fenced the whole field there have been plenty of repairs and replacement sections done over the years! I am quite thankful for that at the moment.

It is also a possibility that there are hacking routes to our new house too, that might be an interesting way to introduce ourselves to the neighbours! There is plenty of room out in the front driveway area to hitch up too.....you've got me thinking now! Although their fitness levels are currently rubbish as we haven't ridden since before Christmas. I can't wait to get back on again.

Before collapsing in bed last night I did manage to do an online food shop to come this week and order my mum some flowers for Mother's Day (going through TCB of course).
  • We heard from the solicitor today and the current estimate is 3 weeks! I *really* must start packing. How long can it take to throw a few things in boxes? Most of the cupboards and drawers have been decluttered already, so just need to chuck it all in boxes :rotfl:

I'm in a quandary now. Hubby has to collect DD2 from work later, this gives me about half an hour to do something. I was planning to do some ironing or some business paperwork, or shall I pack something just so I feel I have started?

I've also booked the farrier to do the all the horses next week, with the aim of moving them the weekend after possibly. Also we have to factor in DD2 is going on holiday in a couple weeks with family and she needs to pack too! There's a lot of moving parts to this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure