Second hand laptop

Comments

• Jox
    Jox Posts: 1,651
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I bought a new ASUS - VivoBook L403 14" Laptop from Curry's last year for £284, I have external hard drives to store my photos, it's ok for simple use.

I pay £6 a month to Knowhow through Curry's so if it stops working they will repair or replace it.
  • arciere wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Does it hurt having 1TB? You don't ask for it, it comes with the laptop. I didn't know that having more than required was a problem.
    Yes, we do disagree on everything.

Yes, it does. I would prefer to have SSD.
    Asus VivoBook series, Google has plenty.

So the OP asks for help and you send them to Google on a wild goose chase?
  • AndyPix wrote: »
    ^^ Worst advice ever ..

Brand new laptops in that price range will be absolute garbage. Terrible screen with rubbish processor and will be all "plasticky"

OP - you want a second hand refurbed business machine such as a dell latitude or similar.

When i have more time i will dig you out some links.

Thanks that would be great
  • arciere
    arciere Posts: 1,354
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    EveryWhere wrote: »
    Yes, it does. I would prefer to have SSD.
    Why would you need SSD for web surfing?
  • Hi,

have a look at Argos ebay shop, here, they are described as refurbished, but probably just damaged packaging or a wee scratch on lid, plus you get 12 month guarantee.

Scroll to get something in your price range, and specs.
  • Jox wrote: »
    I bought a new ASUS - VivoBook L403 14" Laptop from Curry's last year for £284, I have external hard drives to store my photos, it's ok for simple use.

I pay £6 a month to Knowhow through Curry's so if it stops working they will repair or replace it.

What were you thinking? £284 and a further £72 annually?? Pentium 1.1GHz and 64 GB eMMC.

Did arciere recommend the Vivibook deal to you?
  • arciere
    arciere Posts: 1,354
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    What were you thinking? £284 and a further £72 annually?? Pentium 1.1GHz and 64 GB eMMC.

:rotfl:
    You're so funny. Fact of the day: people have different opinions on different matters. No need to insult or show arrogance.
    See, you learn something new everyday.
  • Jox
    Jox Posts: 1,651
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite

I'm not a heavy laptop user, I just needed a simple cheap one for home for gmail, facebook, youtube, some words docs and if there's a problem with it I can get it fixed or replaced. Works for me :)
    :rotfl:
    You're so funny. Fact of the day: people have different opinions on different matters. No need to insult or show arrogance.
    See, you learn something new everyday.

Yes, but your opinion is nonsense. No one agrees with it here.. See? You can learn something every day,

The fact is my opinion is that is a very poor decision.

In addition, it is my opinion that you give very poor advice.

You refuse to post a link to the laptop you recommend, as you know that anyone with any technical knowledge would pull it apart.
    So you prey on people like Jox, who clearly does not have much in the way on technical knowledge.
    Scaremongering about refurbs etc. Likely the kind of person who would scare them into paying £6 extra a month too.
    Terrible.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport