Honour in NI's Politicians?

Options

Comments

• qwert_yuiop
    qwert_yuiop Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If I could make it work, I'd add a link to youtube of bob Marley singing "DUPpy Conqueror" - " I've been accused many times now, wrongly abused now....I'm a DUPpy conqueror."
    “What means that trump?” Timon of Athens by William Shakespeare
  • Zola.
    Zola. Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The problem will always be with the respective fear of voters of the big two.

'I can't stop voting for X because Y will gain more power'. Its so bloody boring and !!!!!.

Totally agree with Jose on page 3 about career politicians, although the smaller parties have no power to do anything right now anyway.

!!!!!! is Bradley doing?

WHY HASN'T THE PAY BEEN CUT??
  • x12yhp
    x12yhp Posts: 801 Forumite
    Options
    The problem is that NI politics is solely about what is best for 'me'. It is my way, or the highway. That isn't politics.

Until we start realising that the solution is through mutual compromise - yes, we want to look out for our own goals, but not to the detriment of the whole - we haven't a hope.

Abolish the executive right now. Start from the floor. Standing parties must have substantial cross community representation. Party officers must have at least a 60:40 split, or similar. For goodness sakes, everything else needs there to be fair hiring policy, how can political parties be exempt from this?
    Always overestimating...
  • qwert_yuiop
    Options
    Are the dup backing a united ireland or something?

...because if they are, they're one up on Mary Lou, who wants a border poll, but doesn't want a border poll.
  • qwert_yuiop
    edited 7 August 2018 at 9:25AM
    Options
    If she doesn't go, she won't have a leg to stand on? Will she have a lame excuse? She might enjoy the trip, the crack might be good. Etc
  • qwert_yuiop
    Options
    Well, the Freebie Presbyterian hangs on. Remarkable that those who can't stand paisley didn't get the vote out to force a recall.
    He's not out of the woods yet - MPs can still force him out.
    I suppose if he survives till the next election he can hope his deceit and corruption will have been forgotten about by then. He might end up running against a former colleague if the dup don't endorse him - and if they do, they're as bad as he is.
  • steveymp
    steveymp Posts: 2,797 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well, the Freebie Presbyterian hangs on. Remarkable that those who can't stand paisley didn't get the vote out to force a recall.
    He's not out of the woods yet - MPs can still force him out.
    I suppose if he survives till the next election he can hope his deceit and corruption will have been forgotten about by then. He might end up running against a former colleague if the dup don't endorse him - and if they do, they're as bad as he is.

An election would of been a waste of time and money in North Antrim anyway, he would of stood and won yet again at further cost to us as tax payers :o

The entire green and orange 'democracy' we have here is a joke, but it will never change :(

Another 20 years to do here myself before pension, then off to Scotland to retire in peace.
    I am trying, honest;) very trying according to my dear OH:rotfl:
  • qwert_yuiop
    Options
    steveymp wrote: »
    An election would have been a waste of time and money in North Antrim anyway, he would have stood and won yet again at further cost to us as tax payers :o

The entire green and orange 'democracy' we have here is a joke, but it will never change :(

Another 20 years to do here myself before pension, then off to Scotland to retire in peace.

I'd like to see the blaggard run as an independent and lose ignominiously, but sadly it may all be forgotten about by then.

Scotland? Why would you move to somewhere where the weather is worse than here, there's an even more pointless sectarianism and you have to listen to wee Nicola whining endlessly about the Toarrries? Sorry, that's almost as unreasonable as voting for Paisley.
    If I'm leaving, it'll be to somewhere that offers an advantage over here. How about Switzerland or the West Indies? Now I see that written, I must check it out.
  • steveymp
    steveymp Posts: 2,797 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'd like to see the blaggard run as an independent and lose ignominiously, but sadly it may all be forgotten about by then.

Scotland? Why would you move to somewhere where the weather is worse than here, there's an even more pointless sectarianism and you have to listen to wee Nicola whining endlessly about the Toarrries? Sorry, that's almost as unreasonable as voting for Paisley.
    If I'm leaving, it'll be to somewhere that offers an advantage over here. How about Switzerland or the West Indies? Now I see that written, I must check it out.

Mmmm West Indies does sound nice, I probably will visit Switzerland at one point in my life but it will be a one way ticket and returning as cargo in the hold :rotfl:
    I am trying, honest;) very trying according to my dear OH:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport