Praise! for DHL

Yes, you're not seeing things, I'm posting some praise.

Some background: at the end of August, I lost my wallet so had to get all my cards that were in it cancelled and reissued (luckily just 2).

My wife is a joint card holder on one of them, and she had to go to visit her family before the new one arrived, so I sent it to her by DHL using their express service.

I set up the collection last Friday evening, selected to go to a service point shop (which I did on the Saturday), the tracking was forecasting delivery by the end of the day tomorrow (Thursday 20th), and it arrived from Coventry through Birmingham, Germany and Moscow today early in the morning :D

Thank you so much DHL! Not a bad showing for about £30.

:T :T :T :T

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Yes, you're not seeing things, I'm posting some praise.

Some background: at the end of August, I lost my wallet so had to get all my cards that were in it cancelled and reissued (luckily just 2).

My wife is a joint card holder on one of them, and she had to go to visit her family before the new one arrived, so I sent it to her by DHL using their express service.

I set up the collection last Friday evening, selected to go to a service point shop (which I did on the Saturday), the tracking was forecasting delivery by the end of the day tomorrow (Thursday 20th), and it arrived from Coventry through Birmingham, Germany and Moscow today early in the morning :D

Thank you so much DHL! Not a bad showing for about £30.

:T :T :T :T

Although you've told us the routing you haven't said where your wife actually is, if she's in Leamington Spa then it's not such a great service, if she's in Vladivostok then it's pretty good!
  • I lost my wallet

I have to ask - does your new wallet have mothballs in as well :D

Seriously though, it's good to hear that you had such good service.
  • agrinnall wrote: »
    Although you've told us the routing you haven't said where your wife actually is, if she's in Leamington Spa then it's not such a great service, if she's in Vladivostok then it's pretty good!
    She's in a city south east of Moscow, definitely very far removed from Leamington Spa :D:D
  • I have to ask - does your new wallet have mothballs in as well :D

Seriously though, it's good to hear that you had such good service.
    Yes - the same moths are living in the new one, and the little sods still know the PINs to my cards :mad: :rotfl: :D
  • Yeah, I had a similar experience but to Cambodia about a year ago. They're quite good. Really convenient as the drop off was the local wh smith.
  • kangoora
    kangoora Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Wrong company, oops :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business