Council tax query

I’m a full time student. But I have a Saturday morning job, once a week for two hours to make some petty cash... a.m. I still entitled to council tax relief whilst studying ? I am full time.

Comments

• Yup, you're still a full time student so you're entitled to council tax relief (this may depend on where you're living though as if you're living with a non-student they will be liable for some council tax).

Your Uni should send your council a list of full time students, but sometimes they don't, in which case it's best to pop to the Uni and ask for a Council Tax Exemption form. You just need to take this to the Council (it's worth checking to see if you're on the student list first though).
  • Adly812
    Adly812 Posts: 558 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Perfect thank you . I live alone, saw the university FAQ page and they said they’ll give me a letter on arrival for the council tax exempt. But just didn’t know if part time work affects it. Thank you
  • Smb3088 wrote: »
    Perfect thank you . I live alone, saw the university FAQ page and they said they’ll give me a letter on arrival for the council tax exempt. But just didn’t know if part time work affects it. Thank you

No problem at all. Best of luck with your studies! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure