Anything missed? Answers on a virtual postcard!

Options

Comments

• DiggingOut
    DiggingOut Posts: 770 Forumite
    Options
    I agree with vanoonoo 100%. :)

Hope you keep posting on your progress from time to time, it's inspiring to others and makes the site worthwhile. You will make it, just like Rochdale_Guy. He's playing the credit card tart game now.
    I have five stars! This doesn't mean that I know anything about any of the things I post. I could be a raving lunatic, or a brilliant genius, or just some guy on the internet. In fact, I could be all three at the same time.

If anything I say makes sense, then do it. If not, don't. Don't blame me or my stars if you do something stupid because I suggested it. I'm responsible for my own stupidity only. You are responsible for yours.

Why, I don't even have five stars anymore! Aren't you glad you aren't responsible for my stupidity?
  • vanoonoo
    vanoonoo Posts: 1,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would like to think that there is a large degree of sarcasm and humour in here but I am not sure.

if there is an element of truth in there then it would be nice to be told in first rather than third person

update; I have asked for the quoted post to be removed incase anyone is wondering why I have altered my post.
    Blah
  • trafalgar_2
    trafalgar_2 Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Digging_Out what ever you have been taking tonight,you need to check the label cause I think you took too much ;D
  • goolieman
    goolieman Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    Cheers Vanoonoo, reading your post last night really made me feel good about what I want to achieve.

Digging Out, you have a wicked sense of humour, I'm Loving it.... dodo do do do ;)

As for posting updates, I think I will keep this thread going with my progress. Even if it doesn't get read I think it will act as an incentive to me and hopefully as inspiration to others that there are ways to battle your problems as long as you are willing to give it a good go.

I am going to seriously reconsider my stance on part time working. firstly to see if it would change my tax credits in any positve/negative way.
    Safeway is just down the road, I'm sure they probably have vacancies for shelf stackers.
    (ooo I'm sure my Nan will cringe at my wasted degree! But who can afford to be proud??)

Oh nearly forgot... on the savings account front, silly me, I already have a mini cash ISA with HSBC, I can pay in £3000 a year tax free, Not quite sure how competitive the interest rate is; the AER is 3.85%. It currently has a forgotten £14 in there!

Right that's me for the mo...

C
    :)
    No reliance should be placed on the above.
  • DiggingOut
    Options
    Digging Out, you have a wicked sense of humour, I'm Loving it.... dodo do do do  ;)

Are you calling me a dodo? >:( >:(

The dodo is an extinct bird. Somehow I have the feeling if I keep posting here for long I run the risk of becoming extinct. ;D

Whether I am a birdbrain is open to question.... :D
    I have five stars! This doesn't mean that I know anything about any of the things I post. I could be a raving lunatic, or a brilliant genius, or just some guy on the internet. In fact, I could be all three at the same time.

If anything I say makes sense, then do it. If not, don't. Don't blame me or my stars if you do something stupid because I suggested it. I'm responsible for my own stupidity only. You are responsible for yours.

Why, I don't even have five stars anymore! Aren't you glad you aren't responsible for my stupidity?
  • goolieman
    Options
    OOOO being £500 down this month has hit us harder than we thought. >:(

It is the 8th June and we are already at our overdraft limit praying that the bank will honour a cheque sent to Capital One.

I am paitently waiting for my Mint card to drop through the door so at least I don't have to panic about bank charges later in the month. Also DP's expenses go in later this month which will be a little boost.

We have not spent anything this month, it has all been bills and travel expenses, I even used all my Boots Points to buy hair colour to cover my highlights to avoid any further expensive trips to the hairdressers! looks nice BTW a nice warm chestnut...

I literally cannot spend a penny this month which is good cos I shouldn't, not non-essential anyway.
    I have to do a shop soon but going to follow the advice on the other boards and do a meal planner etc.. so that I only buy the bare essentials.
    It is a good job I stocked up on nappies last month or my youngest would be on his way to potty training very early.. lol

It really is a worrying time, but I am going to go fill up the paddling pool and enjoy the sunny weather with my kids and try to forget for at least one day or I'll make myself ill, and then I might have to fork out for a prescription!

Thanks for listening!

C
    :)
  • DiggingOut
    Options
    Is that £500 sorted yet? Have you been to CAB about it?

Enjoy the warm weather today, but get that sorted soon. They should not be able to take that kind of money each month with the kind of debts/expenses you have, no matter what. You have children who have to eat. A reasonable payment plan, yes, but £500 / month is not reasonable.

• Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you are claiming WTC and CTC you should have received a card for free prescriptions for yourself and hubby. From memory I think it came automatically but if it hasn't look into it and make sure you get yours :D
  • goolieman
    Options
    Hi,
    Digging Out, the council is giving DP the run around, but are due to get back to him tomorrow. He wants to see what they say and then ring CAB with all the details. If we can get back even some of the money they took I will be happy. But I am not holding out any hope of seeing it soon. The best I am wishing for is no more to come out.

It is quite a depressing thought that if we had that £500 this month we would have been doing OK.

On the free prescription front, I just looked into it and and although we receive Tax Credits DP earns twice the threshold for recieving free prescriptions. Also we don't get Working Tax Credit (Childcare costs) because I don't work. I will double check all these facts though as we have just recieved our credits renewal form.

My youngest turned one last month so even my Maternity exemption has run out.

On a more pleasant note, isn't the weather lovely, enough to lift anyone's spirits... mmm dreaming of a beer garden and a pint of stella... ;)

Enjoy your week everyone. I will post again when
    Mr Counldnt-Careless at the council gets bcak to us.

c :)
  • Mrs_Thrift
    Mrs_Thrift Posts: 387 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya C,

Good luck with the council. If they don't come back to you (as if! :o ) keep chasing, and chasing!

And keep enjoying the weather. 8) It's glorious, isn't it? ;D

Ms T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family