Credit Reference and scoring discussion area

1131415161719»

Comments

• mongo
    mongo Posts: 14 Forumite
    first post so be gentle :)

Just been turned down for a loan, so i go and check my credit score on experian. It appears i have an excellent rating. I have been seperated from my wife for over a year now (no chance of getting back together and no contact), we had a second mortgage (secured loan), another loan with the same company as well, both in joint names. Once we split up she then applied for both these loans in her own name and was accepted for them. I have not paid anything towards these two loans that appear on my account information in over a year, but I see them on my credit info. Should these accounts be off my rating? Will I have to contact the company and tell them to take my name off?

I can see why I was refused the loan because I didn't know that they were still taking these into account, as I knew she has them in her own name now.

Thanks
  • brett_2
    brett_2 Posts: 112 Forumite
    Hi

hoping some one here can help, I have a £2500 loan (down to around £2000 now) and £1700 of credit card debt all through Lloyds tsb. The loan rate is terrible and I thought I would try and merge all my debts into 1 and try and get a cheaper loan rate.

Im 24 been working in the same job for over 2 years and have never ever missed a payment for any thing. I got my Experian report through today and it appears to have nothing bad on it.

I have only lived at this address for 14 months but I have been on the elecoral roll previously.

My credit report does have nothing though on me ever having any credit, I have a mobile phone/loan/credit card/ bank account now for over 12 years and this does not appear on my report.

The previous owner of this flat did have debts as I have had notes from the county courts passed through my door when I moved in but I rang them up and told them that the old occupier does not live here and nothing about this is in my report.

I tried to get another loan and move bank but no bank will take me, what can I do?
  • vix206
    vix206 Posts: 8 Forumite
    When mortgage companies request your credit details from the likes of Experian... how much details do they receive back. Specifically, do they get to see outstanding balances on credit cards or just an indication of your ability to pay? I have always wondered this.... :confused:
    Egg Loan - £5518.31
    Egg Card - £2908.83
    Barclays Overdraft - £2412.66
    Total Debt = £10,839.80
    Lightbulb moment: 22 December 2006 :eek:

Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • lkoky
    lkoky Posts: 195 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I just got my credit report from experian.

To my surprise, experian only hold two credit account on me:
    1. Orange
    2. Next Directory for a credit limit of 600 pounds.

there is no reference to my current account and a visa credit card which I have for the last six years.

apart from that there were around 13 previous search from bank, credit card comapny in the past 12 month when I apply for a new account after I moved earlier (the application for a new current accoutn with A&L was turned down).

So all in all, it is a very plain report.

Is there a way to get Experian to talk to my current bank so that my credit card record will show in the report? As I never miss a payment, just thought that will improve my report.
    thx
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    TOTALLY NEW ARTICLE AND DISCUSSION AREA

I've written a brand new guide to credit scoring, going into much more detail.

Credit Scoring: And get your report for free article

Plus there's a new discussion area on the back HERE. Therefore this thread is being closed.

Martin
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport