Alico wellwoman policy

I took out an Alico wellwoman cancer policy in 2002.
I was told if I hadn't claimed against it in 15 years, all my monies would be refunded.

So, my 15 years finish on August 29th 2017. I am wondering has anyone had a refund on this policy?
Did you need to do anything like phone and cancel the policy or politely 'remind' them that the 15 years is up?

I am not sure which address they have for me- either my parents or my own as the policy was taken out so long ago now.
CC debt 4389/12000 slowly chipping away helps :j
Aiming to be DEBT FREE by May 2012:T

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    The answers should all be in your policy docs.

Otherwise contact them and get correct info from the horses mouth
  • Hi Rachyp
    I took out a policy too, back in 2003, no claims and my 15 years are up in April 2018. Just wondered whether you had had any success in claiming your premiums back.
    Thanks
    H
  • I also have a policy with ReAssure (previously Allico) I contacted them when the company changes took place and asked about the refund of premiums, they told me i was due a refund 11th February 2018. I also contacted them again and asked them to confirm this in writing which they did. The letter states

"You do not have to do anything, we will send you a letter confirmting the details of this payment nearer the time. The payment will either be made by cheque or by direct debit"

It would be nice to know if anyone has had success in reclaiming their premiums?

Cheers
  • kazzad_2
    kazzad_2 Posts: 45 Forumite
    Can I just ask for an update if these policies were ever paid out please? I have one due to finish in around 12 months and want to know if it is worth continuing to pay.

Thanks
  • I've got an American Life Well Woman policy and the 15 years are up July 2018. Have been searching for info about who now owns this policy to get the stated monies back. There seems to be conflicting info about who bought Alico but my DD goes to Reassure. No phone number on their website just the usual email message service. Will keep you posted.
    ps Unlike a lot of other women I have the original paperwork
  • I too paid into a policy for 15 years through a couple of changes of provider. At the 15 year mark I contacted ReAssure and my 15 years of premiums were refunded in February 2016. I maintained the policy and following a routine mammogram resulting in a diagnosis of breast cancer in September 2016 ,received a £9000 lump sum and £500 per month for 12 months. There were no difficulties with making the claim and the lump sum was paid promptly. Definitely worthwhile.
  • butmummac
    butmummac Posts: 33 Forumite
    edited 7 January 2019 at 10:30PM
    Hi Dulight, I have recently been diagnosed with ovarian cancer and my policy was with American life. They are claiming that they will not pay out on the policy because it is not clear whether the primary source was the ovaries or the peritanean. I do not have my original policy document to be able to challenge the wording and wondered if you could email me a copy or the policy wording.
    Any help would be appreciated, thanks , Mandy xx
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Dulight last visited this website in July 2018.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    butmummac wrote: »
    ….My email is xxxxxxx[EMAIL="xxxxxxx@gmail.com"]@gmail.com[/EMAIL]
    Posting your email address on a public forum is not recommended!!

(And breaks MSE rules too)
  • Oops sorry, deleted it now xxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family