2 Weeks into new job I'm facing redundancy

2»

Comments

• Alter_ego
    Alter_ego Posts: 3,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    tacpot12 wrote: »
    There is a lot of negativity in the previous posts. You may well be treated like all the other employees including being offered some redundancy money.

OP asked what their rights are - the correct answer is they have none.
    I am not a cat (But my friend is)
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    tacpot12 wrote: »
    There is a lot of negativity in the previous posts. You may well be treated like all the other employees including being offered some redundancy money.

Would you rather incorrect advice be given or the truth be told ?
  • gwynfil
    gwynfil Posts: 99 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    My advice is more on a friendly level, than a legal one. You want to get paid, so I would stick with it, whilst looking for another job. I know it is unsettling, but you would at least be able to say to JSA, that you didn't leave your job of your own accord if it came to that. Also, you have every right to look for a new job if yours is not secure long term. They shoud be reasonable to you- even if it is only a good reference, as you took the job in good faith. I always find it is easier to get a new job, when still working. I expect you feel like saying stuff it to them etc, but if you play the long game, stay friendly etc, it may work out in your favour better in the end. I'm sure you know all this by what you have written, but it's just my opinion. All the best for the future.
  • Peddeh
    Peddeh Posts: 26 Forumite
    Just thought I'd give everyone a quick update, after having my first redundancy consultation. It seems I'm being treated respectfully. I even got an apology out of it. I've been told I'll be given at least a months notice, if it is decided redundancy will officially go as planned and I've also been granted paid leave to attend some interviews.

My plan is to just keep my head down and ride it out until I find a new job or am made redundant (for money + redundancy status sake (benefit claims, if I need to)).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure