NatWest £125 switch incentive

Comments

• Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    KTF wrote: »
    What should they be compensated for given they may well still get the bonus?

And they may not ! so I would complain to Natwest due to their incompetence. I reckon they will get more than £125.
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Hi MDMD,
    Yes I do have other card readers and I did read somewhere you can use them with other banks, my concern is Natwest appear to require you to !!!8216;activate!!!8217; your new card reader which others I have do not ask you to do. Would this be an issue?

No it won't be an issue for you to 'activate' a none-Natwest card reader for use with your Natwest debit card. I used a Nationwide reader.

Follow the online instructions for activating the reader and you should be just fine.
  • TREVORCOLMAN
    TREVORCOLMAN Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    Anyone else having problems with Rewards. The reward part of their system just gives you a figure that you have gained. Is there any way of seeing what the amount relates to listed.

IE DD £100 2% = £2.

Otherwise how can I check it is correct?
    I am NOT a mortgage & insurance adviser - or anything to do with finance, that was put on by the new system I dont know why?!
  • ToTo_Man
    ToTo_Man Posts: 126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Anyone else having problems with Rewards. The reward part of their system just gives you a figure that you have gained. Is there any way of seeing what the amount relates to listed.

IE DD £100 2% = £2.

Otherwise how can I check it is correct?

Click 'My Account' near the top right corner of the My Rewards page to see a list of all the transactions rewards have been earned on.
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Yorkshire_Pud Posts: 1,857 Forumite
    Has anyone received their switching bonus yet? I completed the switch over a month ago now and haven't received anything. I also met the deposit requirements.

Still waiting and I applied at the start of the offer. Don't understand why some banks are so tardy when it comes to paying out when all the criteria have been met. Seems some like NatWest just have to drag it out to the stipulated by April 13th deadline whereas Halifax can payout within days for their account switching offer.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,967 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Still waiting and I applied at the start of the offer. Don't understand why some banks are so tardy when it comes to paying out when all the criteria have been met. Seems some like NatWest just have to drag it out to the stipulated by April 13th deadline whereas Halifax can payout within days for their account switching offer.

"If you meet the eligibility criteria for this offer, we'll pay £125 into your eligible account by 13 April 2018, but please note:
    If you close your eligible account before this date, then the £125 won't be paid.."

So, as previously reported, in effect you can't meet the criteria until April 13th...
  • telemarks
    telemarks Posts: 255 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 13 March 2018 at 2:57PM
    So in effect you can't meet ALL the criteria until April 13th...
    For those who have opened an account ... Three days to go to:
    1. switch a non-NatWest account
    2. deposit £1,500
    3. log into online or mobile banking

Once that's done
    31 Days to go ...

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Yorkshire_Pud Posts: 1,857 Forumite
    soulsaver wrote: »
    "If you meet the eligibility criteria for this offer, we'll pay £125 into your eligible account by 13 April 2018, but please note:
    If you close your eligible account before this date, then the £125 won't be paid.."

So, as previously reported, in effect you can't meet the criteria until April 13th...

Nothing to stop them paying out before the 13th, it says by not on. If they have already paid out it doesn't matter if you close your account before 13th.
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,641 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Just hazarding a guess here, could the payment be being held back until the new financial year has started?
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,993 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    harz99 wrote: »
    Just hazarding a guess here, could the payment be being held back until the new financial year has started?
    Not sure what the relevance of tax years would be (assuming you're referring to the 6 April rollover), but the corporate RBS Group financial year for accounting purposes is calendar years.

However, the cumulative value of this incentive would be trivial rounding errors in the context of group turnover so it seems somewhat doubtful that the scheduling of its payout would be significant enough to warrant alignment with any external dates....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure