Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B

Comments

• Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,550 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I've stayed with Clydesdale as the account works for me and there is a Clydesdale branch near here. I used donor accounts to move to NatWest so it's all good. :)

ah, so they lured one captive in!;)
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • Just closed the second of the two accounts (one in the wife's name) I opened with B-Bank (both switched to NatWest). Got to say I felt a twinge of guilt, £500 for basically nothing. How on earth can they afford to do this, it doesn't make much sense and any fool could have told them they would have got the same response for half the incentive (if not less). Surely this will go down as one monumental (and expensive) !!!!-up?

The guilt didn't last long, only had to look at the returns from my ISA to feel the compensation was deserved.
  • I have been told that I can't have the £250 because I did not complete the switch within 31 days. However, I do not remember seeing this advertised prominently when I went on to the site.

I did have a lot of problems making the application due to the site crashing, and there was no option to switch in 7 days (despite what the woman on the phone told me today) - all of the dates were several weeks away so I chose one not realising that the switch had to happen within 31 days. Turns out mine was 36 days later. If the 31 days had been made clear I wouldn't have chosen that date.

Really annoyed, I've put in a complaint but don't know if it will get me anywhere.

Well I'm pleased to say that the complaint was upheld and they paid the £250. Thanks, YB!
  • Nice one. :)
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Well I'm pleased to say that the complaint was upheld and they paid the £250. Thanks, YB!

That is what I like. Complain and get compensation.
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    So, today we both get letters from YB claiming they "need" to provide us with "transaction history covering up to five years" as part of the account closure.

They want us to either visit a branch (with ID) or phone them - really, no thanks just send us a form to complete and return IF it really is needed by the authorities, otherwise go away. Lol.
  • Telhearne
    Telhearne Posts: 13 Forumite
    Hi All,

I suspect not but I just want to check. Can YBS claw back the incentive if I close the account? Is there a minimum time the account has to be open?

Thanks
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Telhearne wrote: »
    Hi All,

I suspect not but I just want to check. Can YBS claw back the incentive if I close the account? Is there a minimum time the account has to be open?

Thanks

Nope, in this instance once its been paid its yours to keep, and you can do whatever you wish with the cash and the account.
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    The best way to close a current account is to 'switch' it into your existing account rather than try to close it.
  • Yep, I'll second that. I tried to close the Halifax account after I received the switching bonus, they insisisted i needed to go into a branch or write a letter to their head office. Couldn't be bothered with all that so just switched again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure