NatWest £125 switch incentive

Comments

• badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,201 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    When making that last post, I got a message that I had to wait at least 60 seconds between posts - and there were 17 to go.

MSE thinks I'm a spammer:eek:

I'm just impressed with my speed of response & typing skills :rotfl::rotfl:
  • S_uk
    S_uk Posts: 337 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I also have a few questions - I've had a select account for several years but I can see I can still switch another account to it. I plan to use my Nationwide to switch, but I don't have a debit card anymore (I destroyed it when I opened the account as I was using it for the 5% interest at the time). If I order a new debit card am I ok just to give the number on that during the switch, even though i've not used the card at all (not sure if they have to be activated in some way?).

Also, as I've already got a select account set up and running with all my DDs etc, I assume switching another account to this won't affect any of these or the account number etc?
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    wizzywig27 wrote: »
    Out of interest, can you switch a savings account as part of the switching process?

No. Switching is all about Current Accounts.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,201 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    S_uk wrote: »
    I also have a few questions - I've had a select account for several years but I can see I can still switch another account to it. I plan to use my Nationwide to switch, but I don't have a debit card anymore (I destroyed it when I opened the account as I was using it for the 5% interest at the time). If I order a new debit card am I ok just to give the number on that during the switch, even though i've not used the card at all (not sure if they have to be activated in some way?).

Also, as I've already got a select account set up and running with all my DDs etc, I assume switching another account to this won't affect any of these or the account number etc?

The switch application asks if you have a debit card for the account to be switched and if so, wants the details. You just answer that you don't have a card, no need to apply for one.

Your Nationwide account will simply be switched into your Natwest account. Nothing will happen to your existing Natwest account but any payments into/out of Nationwide will be imported. Is that what you mean?
  • S_uk
    S_uk Posts: 337 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    badger09 wrote: »
    The switch application asks if you have a debit card for the account to be switched and if so, wants the details. You just answer that you don't have a card, no need to apply for one.

Your Nationwide account will simply be switched into your Natwest account. Nothing will happen to your existing Natwest account but any payments into/out of Nationwide will be imported. Is that what you mean?
    Thank Badger09, yes I meant that as this is my main current account I already use I wouldn't want it changed in any way due to to switching another account to it. I assume during the switching process I can use my select account normally online, for payments etc?

Re the debit card number, I thought I would have to order a new debit card with Nationwide as on the Natwest page to switch, if you already have an account it says:

Was a debit card issued with this account?
    (Please note if you select 'No' and this is not the case your switch will be rejected)
  • Sweet! My nationwide one year deal ends February 7th, I couldn't have timed this offer any better if I'd sorted out the dates myself. I'm getting my appetite back for this now.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,964 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 January 2018 at 2:19PM
    S_uk wrote: »
    Re the debit card number, I thought I would have to order a new debit card with Nationwide as on the Natwest page to switch, if you already have an account it says:

Was a debit card issued with this account?
    (Please note if you select 'No' and this is not the case your switch will be rejected)

I didn't get that... for me or OH... not Nationwide, Clydesdale.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,964 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    After an easy peasy success yesterday, I tried to open a Select Ac online last night for OH.

It didn't go through the same process as mine did in office hours... didn't have the digi ID check... didn't have the addy from post code - had to input it longhand... didn't get the full list of jobs drop down etc.

Most importantly didn't get email saying you've been accepted.

So had another go this am and it sailed through.. as mine did yesterday. So if you get issues late on, maybe leave it until their working hours 07:30 to 22:00 (think).

I suspect after 10pm some support is taken down...
  • Where does it say you have to deposit £1500? Do you have to do this every month?

Edit: sorry, I see this now. You have to click onto the 'select' page
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    badger09 wrote: »
    I was a bit put off by the mention of ordering a card reader, which I detest. Obviously, not enough to forego an easy £125 though:D
    I still have a drawer full of Natwest readers from my YB switching frenzy 3 years ago! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure