Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B

Comments

• noh wrote: »
    I managed to do the switch online as a continuation of the application after I had been accepted for the account although the process froze and I had to go back to the start and select to continue the saved application it then worked ok.
    Ah, I never thought to do that. :D
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • mt99
    mt99 Posts: 472 Forumite
    Applied and switched online last night.

Went through application process (chose 'B' account) - at the end it said account opened and gave the sort code/account numbers (one for current account, one for linked savings account).

Next screen asked for sort code and account number of account you'd like to switch, and also the switch date you'd like. Asked for debit card number of old account as verification.

Took about 10 mins in total.

Note: just in case you missed it - the 2 lots of £1000 have to be paid in withing 31 days and 62 days of account SWITCH date, not opening date.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    It still doesn't like my postcode- don't know why- not a new build but a Victorian terrace!
    Have been on hold for half hour +- thankfully a free call.
    They are overwhelmed! (understandably) and are making half hour appointments to call back from tomorrow onwards.
    See what happens tomorrow teatime
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks
    -Stash busting: 337 in 2022
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 24 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 58 £61 spent!!! already
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 24 October 2017 at 10:46AM
    mt99 wrote: »
    Applied and switched online last night.

Went through application process (chose 'B' account) - at the end it said account opened and gave the sort code/account numbers (one for current account, one for linked savings account).

Next screen asked for sort code and account number of account you'd like to switch, and also the switch date you'd like. Asked for debit card number of old account as verification.

Took about 10 mins in total.

Note: just in case you missed it - the 2 lots of £1000 have to be paid in withing 31 days and 62 days of account SWITCH date, not opening date.

I applied this morning and when I went to submit it came up some addresses for me to confirm the correct previous address and then I had to answer 3 questions from my credit file but I am sure I got one of those wrong. It then carried on processing the application only to be told a decision will be made in two working days.

It may be because of the id check issue or because I already have about 6 c/a's already open and they may have guessed my reason for opening another one.

Also have a Cifas protective registration on my credit file and this may be an issue as well.
  • lala9
    lala9 Posts: 686 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I have been accepted for this account this morning, applied yesterday morning. So far they seem pretty quick, unlike the HSBC account I applied for two weeks ago which is still droning on, I also had to go into branch to take id, but with Clydesdale you upload direct over the internet your id docs, perfect. Now just kicked off the switching process with them. Very impressed so far!!
  • I have a Halifax "Cardcash" account that is still active that I used to use when I was younger. Can I switch to Yorkshire Bank from this account?
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    MABLE wrote: »
    I applied this morning and when I went to submit it came up some addresses for me to confirm the correct previous address and then I had to answer 3 questions from my credit file but I am sure I got one of those wrong. It then carried on processing the application only to be told a decision will be made in two working days.

It may be because of the id check issue or because I already have about 6 c/a's already open and they may have guessed my reason for opening another one.

Also have a Cifas protective registration on my credit file and this may be an issue as well.

UPDATE.

Received a text this pm advising me to log in for the decision. Good news was accepted and not sure what the issue was but no ID requested.
  • lala9 wrote: »
    I have been accepted for this account this morning, applied yesterday morning. So far they seem pretty quick, unlike the HSBC account I applied for two weeks ago which is still droning on, I also had to go into branch to take id, but with Clydesdale you upload direct over the internet your id docs, perfect. Now just kicked off the switching process with them. Very impressed so far!!

Were you told there and then that the account was open and ready to switch? I uploaded my documents today but just had a screen thanking me for uploading the documents and have not heard anything since. :think:
    Save £12k in 2018 #41 £8,247.60/£9,000
  • I already have a credit card and Current Account Plus with Clydesdale Bank. Recently arranged for the Current Account Plus to be switched to Halifax for their £125 reward so I've just had to apply for their B Account. Failed one of the ID checks over the phone so they are sending me a letter with some sort of authentication code which I need to call up and tell them and only then can they open the account. If the £250 offer is withdrawn in the next few days then this may be a problem...
  • Applied last night online. Whole process took literally 20 mins start to finish including switching form and downloading the B app. I did not get asked to upload ID etc... just had 3 or 4 questions about my credit file to answer and decision was pretty instantaneous including approval of overdraft.

Changing subject slightly my Experian score went from 999 to 990 after application, checked today. Will this impact overly? Only reason being am going to apply for B credit card as has zero fees for foreign transactions and going away early next year. Maybe I will leave a month or so until I apply...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure