I have made it - debt free

Comments

• Excellent! Well done - and just before Christmas too.
    Good work
    gtd
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 208 - Proud To Have Dealt With My Debts DEBT FREE DECEMBER 2008!!!
  • Sea78
    Sea78 Posts: 6,185 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Wonderful news! :) Well done!

Sea xx
    CCCS DMP:Feb 07
    Total:£37,016.47 now £0 DEBT FREE FEB 14

2022 Decluttering Campaign 49/1011
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    It IS boasting -and quite right too!!!!!! Well done :T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • What a way to start off a new year and finish off an old one!

My DF date is Dec 08 - it's great to hear of someone who's achieved my ambition!
    Almost debt-free, but certainly even with the Banks!
  • Many thanks everyone - I think posting and getting your replies has made it all seem real. Reporting it to people who really understand is something i have been looking forward to doing and feels more like the end of the journey that the final payment!
    Don't worry, I plan on hanging around this board and thank you for the advice Keren - I do plan on carrying on with all the tricks I learnt - savings will be going on the mortgage!
    I have saved so much money by using this site that I would never want to go back to how it was before. I really want to get myself a safety net of some savings so that I don't have to go back to the credic cards as well as overpay the mortgage. It really becomes a way of life.
    Angelflower - the one thing I think that has contributed to getting me here has to be just coming to this site and reading the forums on a regular basis. Even if I just lurked I found out new ideas, was given inspiration and knew that I wasn't alone. Thanks again guys - I am sitting here with a huge smile on my face!

DFW nerd no = 281 (graduate)

• Well done!
    You should be very very proud, I know I will be when all mine is gone!
    Empty pockets never held anyone back, only empty heads and empty hearts can do that -Peale
  • LJD1_2
    LJD1_2 Posts: 2,173 Forumite
    Well done, it's always lovely to hear when someone else has become debt free. Enjoy yourself. My only advice would be to keep budgeting. We've been debt free for nearly 6 months now and have decided to stick to a strict budget as though we weren't back in debt we haven't saved as much as we'd have liked to. Well done again xx
    January budget
    Nothing left!
  • beemuzed
    beemuzed Posts: 2,188 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Oh that's great news - well done indeed! You must feel very proud of your achievement . Have a fantastic Christmas - and keep up the good work. It's great to realise that eventually all the effort does pay dividends!
    Resolution:
    Think twice before spending anything!
  • Well done:T :T :T

As for boasting, I will be shouting from the roof tops when I become debt free.
    Enjoy January :D hope you get some bargains to help you throughout the year.
    Thanks for letting us all know, it's nice to hear some good news now & again
    Comping again - wins so far : 2 V festival tix, 2 NFL tix, 6 bottles of wine, personalised hand soap, Aussie miracle conditioner :beer:

Married my best friend 15/4/16 :)
  • Well done bellsbells. I hope you are feeling fabulous. Congratulations.
    :p I'm the only gay in this forum :p
    *Everybody wants prosthetic foreheads on their real heads*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family