Interest details on HMRC Personal Tax Account. Updated to include how to access interest details.

Options

Comments

• drob4
    drob4 Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I’ve noticed that a few people in this thread have sent messages to HMRC. Is it possible to do this from within the Personal Tax Account? I can’t seem to find any option to do so.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    drob4 wrote: »
    I’ve noticed that a few people in this thread have sent messages to HMRC. Is it possible to do this from within the Personal Tax Account? I can’t seem to find any option to do so.
    I do not think so. I have always written to them by post.

They do however, record the dates of letters received and the expected response date in the personal tax account online.
  • talexuser
    talexuser Posts: 3,499 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yesterday the 3 savings accounts that I managed to update a few days ago have been updated (2 reduced amounts and a closed before this tax year), so the beta is working so far as it goes.

But the other accounts that need changing still click to "technical difficulties/try later" consistently day after day. I wonder if there is some tick box at their end which prevents certain accounts being edited?
  • skitskut
    skitskut Posts: 221 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    talexuser wrote: »
    Yesterday the 3 savings accounts that I managed to update a few days ago have been updated (2 reduced amounts and a closed before this tax year), so the beta is working so far as it goes.

But the other accounts that need changing still click to "technical difficulties/try later" consistently day after day. I wonder if there is some tick box at their end which prevents certain accounts being edited?

See post #45 above.
  • youngretired
    Options
    Can anyone advise/has previous knowledge that where they are using the 17/18 as estimates for 18/19 interest and they have already adjusted this years tax code to claim this, that if they have over estimated and you have advised them of this, if you will get a tax rebate in April or will HMRC wait until they receive the official proof from the banks in November 2019?
  • Dazed_and_confused
    Options
    if they have over estimated and you have advised them of this, if you will get a tax rebate in April or will HMRC wait until they receive the official proof from the banks in November 2019?

Neither, you will get a rebate/adjustment the next time your employer or pension payer pays you after they have received your updated tax code.

With a couple of months still to go in the tax year there may obviously be other changes arising, your tax code is after all always just an (educated) attempt to collect the correct tax.

If that is the case HMRC will normally only review the previous tax year when they get all the relevant information, including interest details. But there is nothing stopping you providing this to HMRC as soon as practicable after the tax year ends so they can review things sooner.

Obviously if the information the banks subsequently supply is different they may then need to revise any early calculation.

Chances are they will need your P60 details (and P11D if relevant) if you want this doing as early as April.
  • DennisTenus
    Options
    Some of mine aren't right, but is the list from the 17-18 tax year because the banks haven't submitted the details of interest for the 18-19 tax year yet?
  • ScarletBea
    ScarletBea Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Some of mine aren't right, but is the list from the 17-18 tax year because the banks haven't submitted the details of interest for the 18-19 tax year yet?
    Well, 18-19 hasn't finished yet...
    So yes, it's 17-18 and you must decide whether to accept it (if nothing will change much), or ask them to remove accounts that have closed in the meantime, for example
    Being brave is going after your dreams head on
  • Dazed_and_confused
    Options
    or ask them to remove accounts that have closed in the meantime, for example

I would be surprised if HMRC accepted that. If the account was closed in 2017:18 yes but if not they would surely only accept a revised estimate for 2018:19. Which I guess could be £0 if the account had been emptied but not closed.
  • DennisTenus
    Options
    I did the HMRC webchat today and they removed a couple of accounts for me
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family