Aaron3195 Posts: 51 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    donerkebab wrote: »
    Try a different browser - works fine for me in Firefox
    Same thing in Firefox as well as Chrome. I have emailed them
  • jolly_olly
    jolly_olly Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I joined OFTM two months ago and they are already putting their prices up :(

Unfortunately I can''t post the picture with the new membership prices because I'm a new user.
    Important Pricing News
    Dear Customer,

Thank you for being a valued customer of Outfox the Market. The last 6 months have seen unprecedented demand for new customers joining us. In our continued efforts to provide the very best prices coupled with industry leading customer service, we are making some small amendments to the membership structure.

For over 80% of our customers this will have no effect or very little effect as your unit rates are not changing. Instead, we have made adjustments to our membership structure predominantly affecting customers with exceptionally high consumption. We are confident that we will remain the cheapest energy supplier in your region.

The table below shows the changes to the membership banding. This will come into effect from June 1st. We hope that you continue to choose Outfox the Market as your energy supplier, as your custom is very much appreciated.

If you have any concerns over your account, you can contact us via our live chat at xxxxxx

Many thanks,

Bradley Goodfellow
    Head of Operations.
  • SewerSide
    SewerSide Posts: 125 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I3hyOxn.jpg

I think the old fees were:
    Low user. If you use less than 2,400 kWh the monthly membership fee is 6.99/mth.
    Medium user. If you use between 2,400 and 3,499 kWh it’s 8.99/mth.
    High user. If you use between 3,500 and 4,599 kWh it’s 10.99/mth.
    Very high user. If you use more than 4,600 it’s 13.99/mth.
  • Im shocked. Almost an additional £50 a year in my case. We have an elec car and young family (so lots of washing/dishwashers/tumble drier). Apparently we are high users (11k units of elect a year). How can we compare this company with other energy suppliers if they are able to increase fees at will?

I don't have an issue with the fee's increasing out of contract. I.E. when my fixed tariff contract ends. Getting customers signed up based on cheap tariff with an acceptable 'membership fee' (aka standing charge), then bumping up the fee like this is not acceptable in my view.

Perhaps in future MSE shouldn't recommend this company as it is clear you cannot determine the actual price you will end up paying.
  • donerkebab
    donerkebab Posts: 177 Forumite
    Hmmm not good - only joined last month - have they changed new quotes yet? At least no exit fees for me but looking at the chart seems to be penalising high usage users.
    In the words of Jerry Maguire "SHOW ME THE MONEY"
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    A lot of us regulars on these boards were concerned about the membership angle of OFTM. Precisely because of this action as it is not covered by the fixed contract pricing of energy used.
    Doesn't reflect well on the company in the slightest.
    Glad I stayed away (even though my membership fee wouldn't have been one of the ones increased)
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Makes no difference to me. Knew what I was signing up to. I just fall into the old medium bracket as I use around 2600 kWh of Electricity per year. Although I could drop into the lowest bracket with a bit of clever use of the sun!
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• topgearfan08
    topgearfan08 Posts: 196 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I agree, same situation here only 1 month into a 12 month contract. Fuming. I feel this was probably a calculated move by them, get a large influx, then bang up the membership fees whilst everyones tied in!
  • jolly_olly
    jolly_olly Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    If I can leave with incurring the £50 cancellation charge then I'm going to. Their customer support is dire and the website is awful. I think I've reached a point after this experience and a year with Iresa whereby I'm prepared to pay a little bit more if the company can deal with the simplest of requests.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    @jolly_olly
    If you need to pay cancellation fees then it may be worthwhile considering Bulb as the next supplier. They will refund £60 per fuel on cancellation charges and if you goto the Referrals board, you could get £50 for signing up to Bulb by using one of the many links there.
    Then after Bulb have paid up (should be within 3 months of the switch) switch again if you need to.
    I've never used Bulb but others have and had no issues with the repaying of fees and referral money.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback