Toto Energy reviews: add your feedback

Comments

• polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Why the heck would

a) anyone sign up to a 12 month contract, where the price is variable?

b) how can a company get away with this?

Totally baffled.

a) because the initial deal is good, and there is no penalty for leaving before a price rise (a commitment I'll shortly be putting to the test)

b) we eagerly await Jack at Toto's response. (No reponse will mean No credibility, Jack)
  • Just transfer to TOTO bad mistake, two price increases in as many weeks first one £1,532 now Jan
    4th £1,928 yearly, just going to look at, on the energy club estimated cost £811/yr,
    going to switch as soon as possible
  • I switched to Toto in October. My electricity switched on 6th November, and my gas on the 29th November. No communication about this - I only found out when my old supplier would no longer accept an electric meter reading but would happily take a gas reading! Oh, and I've still not been asked for any meter readings to complete the switch so I assume they're estimating everything.

Then days after switching, I get an email about a ~30% price hike.

Then just yesterday I got an email that they're switching to "seasonal" direct debits, so they'll be charging me £100pm in winter and £35pm in summer. What's the good in this? I pay a fixed DD so that I can budget it monthly, and winter is already the most expensive time of year.

The most annoying part is that I can't switch away yet on the Cheap Energy Club website, as my switch still isn't complete.

I'm currently still paying 2 direct debits, have no idea who is my current supplier, and I'll have just have to guess what my January bill will be. Total shambles from Toto. Can't wait to get away from this nonsense.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 December 2017 at 12:23PM
    c.cam108 wrote: »
    I switched to Toto in October. My electricity switched on 6th November, and my gas on the 29th November. No communication about this - I only found out when my old supplier would no longer accept an electric meter reading but would happily take a gas reading! Oh, and I've still not been asked for any meter readings to complete the switch so I assume they're estimating everything.

Then days after switching, I get an email about a ~30% price hike.

Then just yesterday I got an email that they're switching to "seasonal" direct debits, so they'll be charging me £100pm in winter and £35pm in summer. What's the good in this? I pay a fixed DD so that I can budget it monthly, and winter is already the most expensive time of year.

The most annoying part is that I can't switch away yet on the Cheap Energy Club website, as my switch still isn't complete.

I'm currently still paying 2 direct debits, have no idea who is my current supplier, and I'll have just have to guess what my January bill will be. Total shambles from Toto. Can't wait to get away from this nonsense.

Contact MSE Cheap Energy Club and they will re-set your profile so that you can initiate another switch. Or choose your new supplier, and then switch via the supplier's website.

In my experience, it is pretty common for a new supplier to provide an estimated date of transfer. Not many tell you when the transfer has been completed (with the exception of Bulb).
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hengus wrote: »
    Contact MSE Cheap Energy Club and they will re-set your profile so that you can initiate another switch.

Hmmm! Been trying to get CEC to do this since late September.

As you say, forget CEC and go direct or via another switcher.
  • It takes over an hour to contact one of their customer advisors.
  • Theta101
    Theta101 Posts: 140 Forumite
    I've had 2 emails asking me to stay with Toto in less than a week.
    Even though I've told them I'm switching away from them.

This looks like it's going to run and run!
  • Theta101
    Theta101 Posts: 140 Forumite
    Not impressed with MSE Cheap Energy Club.

"You currently have one switch in progress"

Oh no I don't!!!
  • I've been given notice about Toto's price hike. Part of my says on principle I should fight them, part of me says why should I waste my time with what has turned out to be an awful company.
    The later won and I'm switching to Bulb who are currently matching Toto's pre price increase
    Just hope they don't announce a hike!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Theta101 wrote: »
    Not impressed with MSE Cheap Energy Club.

"You currently have one switch in progress"

Oh no I don't!!!

They will only update your profile when they have received notification from your chosen supplier that the transfer has gone through. PCWs DO NOT proactively monitor switches. In sum, the supplier is at fault not MSE CEC.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure