2018 Benbenandme's Next Battle

Comments

• Auntyem
    Auntyem Posts: 233 Forumite
    Sorry for your loss Benben :(

When you have PM space I can send you some info on Lucky numbers.
  • benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,175 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Hadn't realised it was full, have deleted some :)
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Such sad news Benben, I hope the funeral goes as well as can xx
    Mummytogirls x

• benbenandme
    I'm not feeling thankful tonight although I know I should be. So here goes ...

• I have wonderful memories of my friend, my favourite being the two of us went for a picnic in London, we hired a rowing boat on the Serpentine in Hyde Park and had our picnic, drank a bottle of wine and then couldn't row our way back to the side so they had to come and drag us in :)
    • My health and ds health
    • Being able to make the funeral on Sunday to pay my respects
  • ((benben))

So sorry to hear about your friend - I love that you are able to still find some gratitude's today and they include memories of your friend.

I 2nd the poster above and hope the funeral goes as well as it can do.
  • So sorry to hear about your friend Benben,life is so precious.

Hope the funeral goes ok.xx
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • benbenandme
    So I managed a bit of a lie-in this morning, then heard the dustmen coming (normally on Thursdays but not back to normal yet since Christmas) so ran out of bed, own the stairs and stuck the bins out before even really opening my eyes properly :cool:

So this morning is housework and catching up stuff, then this afternoon ds has got one of his young driver lessons, so we'll be out from about 3, then my friends party tonight.

I've popped out and bought a couple of tops as not sure what to wear tonight - 1 was reduced to £7.99 the other was reduced to £3.50 :money: so hardly splashed out :D

I also popped into Aldi and got milk, bread, crisps, wine gums, ham, cheese and bacon, for a total spend of £9 so happy with that too. Recepits have all been scanned into shoppix, swagbucks daily goal has been met, time for some lunch then to crack on with other tasks :)
  • benbenandme
    Been to ds driving lesson, got home, had a bath and got ready and about to go off to the party. I feel really unsettled and anxious at the moment, tomorrow is part of it I know. Hopefully tonight will be fin and take my mind off things for a bit. I ended up chipping in £20 towards a present for tonight which wasn't accounted for and am going to need to spend more than expected this month on petrol as there will be approx 6 hours driving tomorrow :o Needs must.

My 3 reasons for today are:

• Managed a lie-in
    • Just managed to get the bins out in time, would've been annoyes if the xmas recycling was missed for another fortnight
    • A rare night out tonight, hope it's a good one :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Hope your night goes well.
    Hope tomorrow goes as well as it can.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • benbenandme
    So, weekends nearly over. Last night was great, real good fun :D I didn't get to bed until 2.30 so was tired this morning. I had a 3 hour journey to do so left with 5 hours to spare which would give me time to get lunch before the funeral. All was going well for the first two hours then we came to a grinding halt on the M25 and didn't budge. There was an accident ahead that blocked the whole motorway and the air ambulance came. I managed to crawl about 40 metres in an hour and a half :eek::eek: By the time I came off (along with half the world it felt like), the surrounding roads were also gridlocked due to the sheer weight of traffic, and despite trying my best it became clear I wasn't going to get there in time, in fact I'd be lucky to arrive an hour after it started. I had to make the decision to turn around and come home. I stopped at the services for some lunch then drove back. So 6 hours in the car and I didn't even get there. Gutted.

I am shattered now, I've had a bath and will be in bed early tonight. Back to work tomorrow and I don't feel remotely rested. Just gutted I missed the funeral :(:(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family