My Rights for Playstation Game

Comments

• thanks everyone fo your responses. The reason i made the post was because i did do my research first. Playstation website very clearly said it had subtitles ( which i have a photo of) the ebay seller did not mention subtitles.
  • Soot2006
    Soot2006 Posts: 2,167 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    thanks everyone fo your responses. The reason i made the post was because i did do my research first. Playstation website very clearly said it had subtitles ( which i have a photo of) the ebay seller did not mention subtitles.

Then it sounds like he hasn't sent your a legitimate product.
  • no the official reply i got from playstation was, actually it doesnt have subtitles, Your loss pretty much.
  • Annie35
    Annie35 Posts: 385 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    thanks everyone fo your responses. The reason i made the post was because i did do my research first. Playstation website very clearly said it had subtitles ( which i have a photo of) the ebay seller did not mention subtitles.

exactly the point custardy is not getting, the official item comes with subtitles. The item sent doesnt have subtitles so is either faulty or a fake. Simply open a not as described case on ebay & let it run, you dont need to justify, converse or do anything more then follow the case instructions, you will get a pre-paid label to return the game & once returned you'll get your refund, its automatic if you follow the case.
  • MH1927
    MH1927 Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    The point your not getting Annie35 is that the Playstation advert stating subtitles was wrong.

He then bought from a 3rd Party that did not state subtitles, because it does not have any!

If the OP had bought from Playstation he would be entitled to a refund as not as described.

However the purchase through the 3rd party, who are not responsible for Playstations error.
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,280 Forumite
    no the official reply i got from playstation was, actually it doesnt have subtitles, Your loss pretty much.
    So the website was wrong so no claim against the seller.
    Good luck with trying to get anything from PlayStation,
  • MH1927 has just explained it perfecty. Thank you .:j
  • MH1927
    MH1927 Posts: 95 Forumite
    Could try and post on Social Media?

They might not refund but might give a credit balance as a goodwill gesture?
  • That was my thinking also. I am waiting to see if they get back to my final email, if not will use Twitter/Facebook to make a fuss:money:
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 1 September 2017 at 1:21AM
    Just because they didn't make the statement, doesn't mean they don't possibly have liability for it.
    (2)The quality of goods is satisfactory if they meet the standard that a reasonable person would consider satisfactory, taking account of—
    (a)any description of the goods,
    (b)the price or other consideration for the goods (if relevant), and
    (c)all the other relevant circumstances (see subsection (5)).

(5)The relevant circumstances mentioned in subsection (2)(c) include any public statement about the specific characteristics of the goods made by the trader, the producer or any representative of the trader or the producer.

(6)That includes, in particular, any public statement made in advertising or labelling.

Taken from the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

Of course, this all depends on the ebay seller being a trader and in the UK. And also depends what role playstation are - whether they are the producer or an agent of the producer.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure