£1000 NVIDIA Gfx card

chewyclegnuts
chewyclegnuts Posts: 2 Newbie
edited 16 February 2018 at 3:06AM in Gaming MoneySaving
Hi I purchased a titan xp from nvidia last saturday the funds went straight out my account. On Tuesday the graphics card arrived and I had been spending vigilantly on my new setup anyhow today I've found out that on Monday the funds I paid went back into my account but today they have taken the £1000 back out after I'd spent more cash.

Where do I stand as I've gone £1000 overdrawn with no planned O/D limit and only have around £600 available. I thought Id paid them?

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Phone them and explain the issue.

So basically the money left your account, the money was returned to your account and it subsequently again the account.

In the meantime you had spent some more money meaning your now in your overdraft.
  • If you paid them £1k which was then return and retaken it shouldnt have put you overdrawn.

Or are you saying you spent funds from the returned £1k?
  • Yea £300 thinking I had money
  • You may be better asking here, http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=173.

It's more a consumer rights issue than a gaming question.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Yea £300 thinking I had money

Oh dear....
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Phone them and explain the issue.

Explain what though?

That he was spending money he didnt have?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Hi I purchased a titan xp from nvidia last saturday the funds went straight out my account. On Tuesday the graphics card arrived and I had been spending vigilantly on my new setup anyhow today I've found out that on Monday the funds I paid went back into my account but today they have taken the £1000 back out after I'd spent more cash.

Where do I stand as I've gone £1000 overdrawn with no planned O/D limit and only have around £600 available. I thought Id paid them?

If I'm following this right you paid them £1000 then you looked in your bank one day and found you had more money than you expected so spent it.

That isn't their problem, it is yours for not keeping track on your account. You didn't go overdrawn because of what they did, you went overdrawn because you thought you had a free £1000 you didn't.
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 27 February 2018 at 10:47AM
    if you spent 1000 pounds on a graphics card and you barely have money left, perhaps a change in priorities might be in order??? Baring in mind ongoing costs for games and upgrades e.t.c

e.g Star wars Battlefront 2 cost £60 at release plus other Pay to win games where you can constantly pay more

What about new processors, ram, motherboards, PSU's e.t.c to upgrade when games demand more??

I can play GTA 5 on my GTX 1060 at decent quality. It's a sink hole.
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • Credit-Crunched
    Credit-Crunched Posts: 2,212 Forumite
    £1,000 on a graphics card and not a pot to P*** in. Brilliant..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure