Ebico energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    footyguy wrote: »
    If you go to the MSE Cheap Energy club - it allows you to filter results to just zero standing charge tariffs.

No idea why anyone would, as I'm interested in paying the lowest cost irrespective of how the tariff is actually made up. But if you want it, the facility is there.

Other comparison sites are available :)
    (but not sure off the top of my head any with the same filter)

I answered how to uncover the details in the post you quoted the first line of
    footyguy wrote: »
    There are a number of no standing charge tariffs available from alternative suppliers.

If you use the MSE Cheap Energy Club, you can filter by zero standing charge tariffs if you want, but I suggest you don't - afterall, surely you just want the lowest cost no matter how the tariff is made up?

However, if you really want a zero standing charge tariff at whatever cost, ensure you check all the alternative forms of payment, as some are direct debit only, etc, so are only displayed when you choose the appropriate payment method.

:cool:
  • Xenon
    Xenon Posts: 235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I have to echo some of the points already made in this thread

Ebico Zero tariff

Just had my 1st bill - will not bother going into detail but again an estimate when i have given readings - which are way wrong and in their favour...surprise surprise.

About 4 times what my actual bill should be - will give them a chance to fix or i go elsewhere.

Not good enough
  • Xenon
    Xenon Posts: 235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Xenon wrote: »
    I have to echo some of the points already made in this thread

Ebico Zero tariff

Just had my 1st bill - will not bother going into detail but again an estimate when i have given readings - which are way wrong and in their favour...surprise surprise.

About 4 times what my actual bill should be - will give them a chance to fix or i go elsewhere.

Not good enough

To update for reference - called today - quickly sorted with new correct bill arriving by email soon after.

So previous rant can be downgraded to minor quibble !

Happy with that
  • In December Ebico sent me a bill for 150% of my annual energy useage...

Rang Ebico last month to say that I'd been with them since April 2017 and had yet to receive an accurate bill, despite providing readings. The person I spoke to was surprisingly helpful and sent me an accurate bill, including all the readings I'd provided in the previous 9 months.

However with the previous overwhelming rudeness, poor service, and forthcoming price rise, CLC's deal from Which-rated Octopus meant it was a no-brainer.

I'm off to Octopus!
  • When I was on Robin Hood, you had to submit your readings on the 5th night of the 5 day "meter reading" window if you wanted an accurate bill. If you submitted a reading on say the 1st day, they would still send you an estimated bill.
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    When I was on Robin Hood, you had to submit your readings on the 5th night of the 5 day "meter reading" window if you wanted an accurate bill. If you submitted a reading on say the 1st day, they would still send you an estimated bill.

Well, if a meter reading is submitted too early the resulting bill should be based on that reading. Pretty easy to do: Divide the energy used by the number of days since the last reading and then estimate the actual bill over a greater number of days based on that. This is exactly what Scottish Power does and it's pretty accurate.
  • Anthorn wrote: »
    Well, if a meter reading is submitted too early the resulting bill should be based on that reading. Pretty easy to do: Divide the energy used by the number of days since the last reading and then estimate the actual bill over a greater number of days based on that. This is exactly what Scottish Power does and it's pretty accurate.

Was never accurate and was discussed on here a year ago or so. Also how is it submitted too early if it was submitted after they had asked for the reading?

No idea about Scottish Power, I would never touch them.
  • Anthorn
    Was never accurate and was discussed on here a year ago or so. Also how is it submitted too early if it was submitted after they had asked for the reading?

No idea about Scottish Power, I would never touch them.

Contradictory: You quote my post about Scottish Power and criticise it and then state you have no idea about Scottish Power.

I pay by monthly direct debit, submit readings monthly and Scottish Power produce the bill monthly at the same time every month. Usually my monthly payment is taken by direct debit, two days later I submit my readings and then two days after that SP produce the bill. There have been occasions when I could not be at home at the time the readings are due and I submit the readings early. Then Scottish Power estimate that reading based on my early reading and as I said the estimated reading is pretty accurate.
  • Anthorn wrote: »
    Contradictory: You quote my post about Scottish Power and criticise it and then state you have no idea about Scottish Power.

I'm talking about Ebico, which is the subject of this thread. Ebico is just Robin Hood Energy with a different colour scheme.

My beef with Scottish Power is because they wanted £200 per fuel upfront when I moved into a rented flat some years ago when I was under the deemed contract. Also the way they spoke to me on the phone about it as if I was !!!!ing on their lawn.

Needless to say it didn't happen, I started a switch straight away and only paid them for the few weeks usage that I had used.
  • Anthorn
    I'm talking about Ebico, which is the subject of this thread. Ebico is just Robin Hood Energy with a different colour scheme.

My beef with Scottish Power is because they wanted £200 per fuel upfront when I moved into a rented flat some years ago when I was under the deemed contract. Also the way they spoke to me on the phone about it as if I was !!!!ing on their lawn.

Needless to say it didn't happen, I started a switch straight away and only paid them for the few weeks usage that I had used.

Certainly not my experience of Scottish Power. When I moved Scottish Power ended my contract without charging me the exit fee because the property was already served by British Gas which insisted that I had an account with them in order to immediately continue supplying me with gas and electric. I then switched to Scottish Power which was my free choice.

What it comes down to is whether a tariff is transferrable and as far as I know SP online tariffs are not transferrable. In that case the tariff and the account is closed when moving to a new address.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure