Comments

• pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sounds perfect.
    Have a great week.

Thanks Wish,you too :)
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • pinkypig
    Options
    I feel really disappointed in myself when I miss a diary update because they keep me so motivated and focused. However yesterday it just wasn't to be:o
    I had a tough day at work, mainly, I think because I'm a bit under the weather. I did have a nice walk before dinner and a relaxing evening snuggled up on the sofa so it wasn't all bad:D

Taking a look back at yesterday and today there have been a few wins despite a general feeling of lethargy. These included;

Two nsd

Cheap healthy freezer food so low cost and no cooking:D

£1.10 TCB payout offset

Rent day. Paid for gas safety certificate but os the remaining £690.86

Found lo in the freezer for tomorrow's lunch

Load of laundry folded and away

Unexpected bonus time with both kids :A

A walk and a spin class done

Visited my parents who are on good form after a very tricky patch. Hope it lasts, its so nice to see them happy.

Tomorrow's tasks include;

a marking catch up

Trying a new excecise class which looks a bit :eek:

Continue operation freezer eat up.

Finish ds's coursework

Daily cleaning routine.

Continue to mull over generating extra income

Off to bed very soon as I'm pooped -again:rotfl:

PP x
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Sorry to hear you had a pants day yesterday. Keep smiling, surely the countdown to half term is on?
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Betterthanever
    Options
    Hoping today is a better one for you - enjoy the new exercise class.....I look forward to a report!!
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Sorry to hear you had a pants day yesterday. Keep smiling, surely the countdown to half term is on?
    Hoping today is a better one for you - enjoy the new exercise class.....I look forward to a report!!

Thank you both, its the only bad one I've had this half term so I shouldn't grumble. The last two days have been much better:D

New class was so hard, I'm going to suffer tomorrow. Should be ripped by Christmas though:rotfl:
  • pinkypig
    Options
    I've had a good day today:). Work was busy and the day flew by and although it was the kind of autumn weather that makes you want to hunker down I got out to my new exercise class. I was a bit nervous because weights aren't my strong point and all the kit looked a bit daunting . A nice lady showed me what I needed and how to assemble it so I didn't feel too much of a prat:p. It was so hard::eek: My arms still feel a bit shaky and weak so I bet Ill be stiff and sore tomorrow! On a positive note I coped fine with the legs and the core bits but hell fire I've got work to do on my upper body!! Quite enjoyed it though - I'm weird like that:rotfl:

Other wins included :

£2 from try me free juice offer paid so that was os plus a 69p TT

Cheap healthy eats (porridge for breakfast, lo pasta and salad for lunch, veg curry and hm naan bread from the freezer for dinner). Quick, nutritious and practically no effort- you've got to love batch cooking:)

Heating still not on but big warm cardigan dug out and in use.

Freezer ready meals (read left overs ) defrosting for lunch tomorrow

Ds's course work done ( he was relieved and grateful so that was a couple of hours well spent).

I was less successful with the following:o

No cleaning done

A bit of a spendy day as I needed to fill up with petrol, pay the balance for my work Xmas dinner and ordered a bulk box of popping corn as I'm down to my last bag:eek: it'll last ages but its a chunk out of my grocery budget.

Marking not quite up to date

Meal plan and shopping list not done . Also need to check what's in and what needs using up.

I'm now going to try and stay awake long enough to catch up on the diaries. I read these more often than a book now -they are seriously motivating, even when you're knackered::rotfl:

PP x
  • Betterthanever
    Options
    Was it body pump you did? I love weights....and when I'm not pretending I'm a runner, they are my focus. Give me a heavy bar and tell me to squat and I'm a happy bunny! Before my fracture, I could happily squat more than my bodyweight on the bar. I miss it so much and am desperate to return!! I envy your class!!
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Pleased things are better today pp.

I don't know how you find the time and energy for all the classes, I used to struggle to get out of the car and into the house some nights I was that tired.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Was it body pump you did? I love weights....and when I'm not pretending I'm a runner, they are my focus. Give me a heavy bar and tell me to squat and I'm a happy bunny! Before my fracture, I could happily squat more than my bodyweight on the bar. I miss it so much and am desperate to return!! I envy your class!!
    Pleased things are better today pp.

I don't know how you find the time and energy for all the classes, I used to struggle to get out of the car and into the house some nights I was that tired.

Yes it was. It was sooooo hard:eek: please don't ask his much weight I was using as I'd be too embarrassed to tell you:rotfl:
    Think I'm going to like it once I build up a bit of stamina.

I have to force myself out of the door most nights Wish but its only around the corner and I have learned (though its taken decades) that its when I'm tired I really benefit the most. It keeps me in a happy place and helps with my sleep patterns that can often be a bit rubbish.
  • pinkypig
    Options
    This has felt like a long week but its nearly Friday and then its only one more week until half term:j

Today had a ridiculously busy start but it settled down and ended up being quite productive. Wins included;

Meal plan and shopping list done based on freezer use up so food shop done for £21.77 which I was really pleased as we'd run out of a few toiletries and they can add up. I also got two bags of kiln dried kindling in preparation for winter but that is from another budget.

A small personal spend on day cream. I switched to the Aldi one a while ago and I love it. Its light and not at all greasy and smells lovely. Its also SPF 20 and all for £1.69:money: . don't like to think about what I used to spend on skin care:o

Made some overnight oats, soup and have a curry to shove in the sc overnight.

Cheap healthy eats (porridge for breakfast, hm soup for lunch and spaghetti carbonara for dinner).

My bulk pack of popping corn arrived.

Did a daily clean. Its so quick and makes the place look so much better.

Laundry in but needs hanging on the airer as the forecast is terrible for tomorrow.

Lunches sorted for tomorrow.

Spin class done followed by a lovely hot (free) shower :)

Marking not quite up to date but further forward than yesterday. Assessments :mad:

I'm going to do a bit of marking while the washing machine finishes and then its off to bed for this tired piggy:D

PP x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback