Want to join our "Fab Forumite Feature Testing Group"?

Former_MSE_Tine
Former_MSE_Tine Posts: 325 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Intrepid Forum Explorer
edited 7 October 2019 at 7:28PM in Site feedback
We have some big news for MSE Forumites! You've been telling us for ages the Forum is broken and not working, so we're doing something about it. In early 2020 our lively moneysaving community is moving to a new shiny platform :money: To find out more about what this means for you, have a read of this message from our Editor in Chief.

We want to make the new Forum as brilliant as possible for all our users, so this is where we need your help.

We’d like some of you to become a part of our Fab Forumite Feature Testing Group – you will be asked to give the MSE Team loads of honest and constructive feedback on the new platform over the next few months while it’s being designed and built. We’d really appreciate having a broad spectrum of MoneySavers involved with this monumental development.

If you’re interested in getting involved, please fill out this short survey and if you’re selected, we’ll be in touch!

In the meantime, if you would like to share any helpful thoughts or concerns at this stage, please leave your comments here – they will all be read and taken on board – even if we can’t reply to them all.

Thanks all!

MSE Tine

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter,
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change

Comments

• Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,805 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I am in!

I've been thinking that the old girl is creaking a bit and really please to read that we'll be movin' on up!

I'd love to see updated emojis and the ability to post picture a more easily, but there's always something warm and homely about this place. Other Social Media is brutal!
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,162 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    :j I'm in! :j :j
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • Yes, I would like to do it :)
  • #Metoo 😏 could be interesting
  • glennstar
    glennstar Posts: 282 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Love top help.
    The views expressed here are my own. I am not a Solicitor nor am I affiliated with any of the parties I mention. If you disagree with any of my comments please say in whatever way feels most natural to you. No one self improves in a bubble!
  • Yes please!
  • I_Love_comps
    I_Love_comps Posts: 2,294 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Name Dropper
    I would love to help too.
    I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Diary Link My Frugal Year 2023 My Frugal Year 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum

My Challenges
    Make £2023 in 2023. £3.16/£2023 Make £2023 in 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum
    Compers Challenge 2023 0 Wins Compers challenge 2023! — MoneySavingExpert Forum

• babyblade41
    babyblade41 Posts: 3,932 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I have nothing else to do so hands up for me too:j
  • Thanks everyone!! :lovethoug

Please make sure you use the link in the original post to register :money:

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter,
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
  • jamesd
    jamesd Posts: 26,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 October 2019 at 6:56PM
    A few things interest me, in rough priority order:

1. An efficient way to prevent all animated content, particularly the emojis in the posts from MSE Tine and Misslayed. If there's animation, getting it out of my sight is almost always more important than the rest of the post content. Animated emojis are a reliable way to ensure that I won't answer a question and have been the most frequent reason for me considering blocking posters so they don't interfere with what other posters are writing.

2. Efficient use of expensive screen real estate.

3. Not blocking spamgourmet.com and its aliases, the anti-spam service I've been using for 18 years, would be nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure