Topcashback Questions & Answers

Comments

• KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,592 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    How does that work then?

If you have already claimed the money is your account in a negative?

I hadn't claimed, it just meant my payable balance went down.
  • Hi all,

First post and some advice would be greatly appreciated. I set up a new TopCashback account a month or so ago, I hadn't realised at the time that I actually had a previous account already with TopCashback, but had never used it before (registered to a different email address). I used the new account and accrued a fair amount of pending balance on it, however the account got closed down - I presume because it was identified as a duplicate (same address, etc.). After this happened I reset my password for the old account and have been using that since.

I don't want to risk losing my 'old'/current account as I have used it quite a lot now. But it is a bit annoying as when the 'new' account got shut down it had a pending balance on it. Should I contact TopCashback, would they transfer the balance over? Or is this risky and highlighting the multiple accounts could risk me losing my current account (plus balance)?

i hadn't realised there was an issue with having multiple accounts on there.

Thanks.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hey everyone,

@Clarkeypops – please do email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk so I can check out this situation for you.

Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Anyone else having issues with TopCashback not tracking things?

I referred my wife to TopCashback and some of the things she clicks through for track no problem. eBay, JustEat - no problems.

Recently clicked through on a few merchants and 3 of them just didn't track at all and i suspect perhaps a 4th didn't although we're not 100% sure if we actually used TCB for that transaction so we let that one go. The 3 that didn't track most certainly were clicked through. She filed in a missing cashback claim to be told

After looking into your claim further I can see that we have been provided with a resolution.

[FONT=&quot]Regrettably, your claim has been declined. This is due to the network agency not identifying TopCashback as the last referrer for your transaction.[/FONT]

Not 100% on what that means. I get the impression it means some other website referred her or perhaps she didn't use TopCashback (although if the latter was the case then why are these merchants listed when she clicks for missing casback??).

I know for 100% that TCB was used, loaded, "Get Cashback" was clicked and then items bought/accounts opened via the page that popped up because i was the one who actually did the signing up & the buying and i've been using TCB for years so i think i know how to use it.

Just at a loss as to why it's suddenly stopped tracking anything worthwhile (other than eBay). I haven't change any browser settings.
  • Thanks Matt I will email you now.
    Hey everyone,

@JustAnotherSaver – Not last referrer means another site has gained the commission we’re paid and pass back to you. It may be another cashback site but could also be a wide variety of sites like voucher code sites, search engines and other sites that display ads.

These cookies can be picked up while using our site if you have other web tabs open and can also be picked up before using our site.

If the tracking has suddenly stopped it’s worth checking what’s changed on your device around that time, such as a browser, operating system update or a new programme being installed as this can be the cause.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Hey everyone,

@JustAnotherSaver – Not last referrer means another site has gained the commission we’re paid and pass back to you. It may be another cashback site but could also be a wide variety of sites like voucher code sites, search engines and other sites that display ads.

These cookies can be picked up while using our site if you have other web tabs open and can also be picked up before using our site.

If the tracking has suddenly stopped it’s worth checking what’s changed on your device around that time, such as a browser, operating system update or a new programme being installed as this can be the cause.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I wouldn't mind but it tracks other (low cashback) things. eBay tracks no problem, Just Eat tracks no problem. I had a Just Eat track only this time last week no problem. These higher cashback merchants for some reason aren't tracking.
    The computer used is the same, the browser used is the same, no new programs have been installed.

As it was myself who went through the process (just on my wifes TCB account) i know exactly how it was done - like every single other cashback click-through that i've done, bar none.

I am only registered with one other cashback site - Quidco, but i haven't used them in yonks as TCB pays more 99.9% of the time.

Tabs is something i do use - such as now, i have this tab open in FireFox and another tab open also (another forum page from this board), but again this is nothing unusual as this is how i browse. So when i apply for the eBay and Just Eat cashback through TCB i will certainly have other tabs open as well at the time, yet they track and become payable with no issue.
    Hey,

@JustAnotherSaver - Tabs can affect tracking, they won’t always it just depends on what you’ve been doing beforehand. For example, with insurance people tend to view comparison sites, other sites with ads etc. Whereas for take aways it’s harder to pick cookies like that up accidentally.

All we can say is if it’s been declined as the funds have been passed on elsewhere. We’re rarely told who has been paid instead of us but if they are paid we won’t be paid any money.

Best wishes,
    Matt
  • Hey,

@JustAnotherSaver - Tabs can affect tracking, they won’t always it just depends on what you’ve been doing beforehand. For example, with insurance people tend to view comparison sites, other sites with ads etc. Whereas for take aways it’s harder to pick cookies like that up accidentally.

All we can say is if it’s been declined as the funds have been passed on elsewhere. We’re rarely told who has been paid instead of us but if they are paid we won’t be paid any money.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I understand that i wont be getting any cashback from this, i'm just trying to understand why it happens so i can avoid it happening in future as it's just cost me about £60.

Regards the tabs, like i said, i do have multiple tabs open as that's my browsing style. Right now i have 3 tabs open including this one.
    However, i didn't point out in my last post (not sure if this will make a difference or not) - when i go through TCB i will open a new 'clean' tab, open TCB and go from there, so basically i wont have had various websites on that tab beforehand. Not sure if this should make a difference or not.
  • 30th July: Made a purchase through TCB
    7th August: Made a claim, as it hadn't tracked
    14th October: Claim updated and is now "confirmed"
    15th October: Made an HCB claim to match Quidco
    16th October: HCB claim declined "Reason: Claim has not been submitted within 4 weeks of purchase."

Topcashback's terms for HCP state "Your claim must be submitted within 4 weeks of the transaction showing in your account."

:wall:

Can a rep please sort this out?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport