PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Tuesday 17th April 2018

Options

Comments

• ScarletRibbons
    ScarletRibbons Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning all. It's grey and windy here, don't know the temp though. Yesterday was lovely, sunny and breezy, I got quite a bit of washing done, and ironed, cleaned the oven, tidied out a cupboard or two, it's all happening here.

i haven't posted much lately, we've had grandchildren staying and it's been busy. We've been out quite a bit. and we are now going to have a few days away in the caravan, thought we we would go down to Whitby. We are going on Thursday and will return next Tuesday, it will be a nice change. What a long cold winter this has been.

Hope your kitchen fitting goes well TA. It;s a major upheaval I know, but so worthwhile, I'm sure it will look lovely. I know what you mean about doctors' appointments, it's the same here.

Holly, your practice sounds exceptional - they really seem committed to helping you.
    I hope you do see 25 degrees this week - I doubt that we will. I would faint with the shock. Everybody's going doolally here because the sun shone over the weekend and yesterday!!

It's the usual Tuesday here, plus organising a trip away.

Take care everyone, hope you all have a good day.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Morning everyone :)

Went to bed early last night but tossed and turned for about an hour, hate it when that happens.

This evening I plan on popping in to see my gran (and give her some clothes which need sewing) then visit my mum (to borrow a rucksack).

My mum, step-dad and I go to south of Spain for the weekend, flying out on Thursday evening. I'm really looking forward to it, hopefully some nice weather.

Hope everyone has a good day!
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone and thanks for the start Holly, was pleased to read that your doc is being supportive and has a plan in place.
    Hey TRU good to ‘see’ you and that you’ve been so busy in a positive way.

A bit overcast here today, we too are waiting for the sun and higher temps forecasted for later in the week, am going to spend Thursday with a pal, bit of shopping, and hope to eat lunch by the side of the river (going into Cambridge) can’t wait :j
    Lu certainly had the joys of spring in her yesterday, I was trying to lunge her and there was a lot of head throwing around and a couple of little bucks, talk about kicking up her heels!

Right, time to get on, have a good day folks x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Holly....I am so glad that your GP is prepared to fight for you, its what a caring GP should do, I hope he has more success with the MHS and you do not have to resort to getting other organisations involved, however, if he is not successful you must go down that road. If nothing else for your own peace of mind.

Yesterday....well I changed the bed and got the linen dry on the line by lunchtime. Remade the bed and then did an hour in the garden.....it became obvious that I can only do the garden if I do nothing else, I had to spend all afternoon on the settee, my back was complaining so much.

A mixed load in on a cool wash this morning, there was not enough colours or whites to make up a single load. Its not such a nice morning but hopefully I will get it dry on the line, its certainly windy.

Yesterdays lamb casserole was delicious, enough in the freezer for another meal, so although the meat was expensive its not so bad. If I am going to do it regularly I need to find a cheaper source for the meat. Lamb for a casserole is not easy to find in a supermarket.

The wet floor board in the airing cupboard has not dried out at all, I have had a heater in there and also the dehumidifier in, neither have had any effect, so rang the council again and they are coming back tomorrow, so we are still on strip washes.

Smoked haddock with poached egg and bread and butter tonight, with apple crumble for dessert.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,405 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all,
    Wrote a long post and lost it. Can't be bothered to do it all again.
    Weather grey, cold and windy.
    Window man here again, dining room, front door and side panels today, so confined to the living room.
    Plasterer was a no show again :mad:, promised to come today, not holding my breath !
    Hope everyone has a good day. May pop back later. Hugs to all
    nan
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • tiredmum2
    tiredmum2 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    Another one here with carp doctors we have had all the local practices joined together so now you can have an appointment anywhere but we used to be ok for appointments within 3 days we are now waiting over 2 weeks I am going to call the gp service that is being run from the local minor injury unit as i am still no better and this sickness and dizziness is driving me to tears .
    Dolly has been walked and is snoozing and i have got some washing on . I need to go shopping today so will sort myself out in a bit
    Dinner will be pie n mash and another early night
    Have a great day whatever you are up to x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    We are so lucky here regarding Drs. Several practices did join together, but we still have a walk in surgery every morning and an appointment system for the afternoon, last week I was able to get an appointment for the next afternoon. My daughter is not so fortunate, the practice in Melton is huge, she was told she would have to wait 3 weeks to see her GP, so elected to see someone else, not really satisfactory but at least she was able to see someone. All appointments there, although they do have a walk in emergency service for some things. Its always packed out.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning :wave:

silver-oldie thinking about you that is always going to be tough xx

So at the moment I should be prepping for my conference slot today which now has 85 attendees according to the organiser who rang this morning :eek::eek: for some reason watching housewives of cheshire seems a far better idea ....you can over prep is my excuse :D:D

Food tonight will be something from the freezer or if I cba may well be a boiled egg ....has to be done :D

Grey weather here but looking forward to the predicted heatwave tomoz ....factor 8 a book a glass of pimms may well be in order.....whats the bet Ill be inside and putting the heating on :D

Enjoy your day everyone and wish me luck I think I may need it :rotfl:
  • Elona_2
    Elona_2 Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Nelski

You want to "keep things fresh" for the conference so not over preparing is actually a very good idea (wink).

Holly

I am so pleased your gp is getting things sorted out. Fingers crossed for you.

Having a lazy morning but getting changed as someone is coming to help with the garden this afternoon. Decided to do without breakfast and have a late brunch instead and then load dishwasher and cook a large pot of mince with celery , carrots and onions so it can be used as a base for pasta, chilli, cottage pie etc. Once cooked I will freeze it and try to remember to label it

It is forecast to be hot tomorrow but I am volunteering at the library in the afternoon and then have slimming club in the evening so not much chance to sit in the sunshine.

silver oldie

That sounds like such a difficult and emotionally painful thing to have to tackle. Virtual hug.

I need to get my behind in gear so see you all later.

Hugs to all
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,585 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 April 2018 at 11:52AM
    Options
    Holly, I'm glad your GP is on your side, hopefully things will get better now.

Silver-oldie, what a horrible situation. We were "lucky" in that both our parents were still as sharp as ever when they died. A doctor asked my brother (at mum's bedside) if they should resuscitate her if her heart stopped. He just said to ask her because she was perfectly capable of making the decision (which was no).

Tru, good to see you back.

Speky, have a lovely weekend away.

I wrote the above a couple of hours ago and then got sidetracked by the pup wanting to play. We've just been out for a walk as well. DH has gone to mow DS' lawn (he's still working in Wales during the week).

DH has also agreed to work part-time for a firm managed by someone he used to work with many moons ago. We'll see how that pans out, it's not as if he has to find another job if it doesn't.

I also got the details of my second (small) pension and I've decided to treat me and DD to a spa break with the lump sum. I don't know when though because she has so many things on the go and in fairness so do we so co-ordinating will be difficult.

TA, did you see that the new Tom Kerridge programme tonight is coming from the farm shop at Airton - it's only about 4 miles from our Yorkshire house. Oh and I hope DD's rash isn't anything serious, it sounds nasty.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure