Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,960 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    DS2 and GF arrives...with their Xmas tree.

Its shedding too much so they've taken it down. They live in a flat so have no garden and no way of disposing.

It has roots, but is it possible to save it? If not it will fit in the recycling bin.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Moma NAS and Super seed porridge 5 x 70g boxes are on offer in W - £1.49. AvW, £2.45 v £1.49, £1.04 apg, £1 CoS , net 41p?

HTH

Anon
  • Blacklist
    Blacklist Posts: 85 Forumite
    edited 30 December 2017 at 5:24PM
    Options
    My heinz shop. Wasnt sure it would pick up the steak pie but it did.

15 items (12 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Tesco
    1x Heinz Macaroni Cheese (400g) £1.07 £0.60
    1x Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Heinz Beef Ravioli in Tomato Sauce (400g) £1.07 £0.60
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Heinz Spaghetti with Sausages in Tomato Sauce (400g) £1.07 £0.60
    1x Malcolm Allan The Classic Steak Pie (1kg) £7.00 £5.00
    1x Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup (400g) £0.95 £0.60
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 £0.10
    4x Heinz Beanz with Pork Sausages in a Tomato Sauce (415g) £4.28 £2.40
    1x Heinz Spaghetti Bolognese (400g) £1.07 £0.60
    1x Heinz Vegetable Soup (400g) £0.95 £0.60
    Comparison total (compared products only) £17.86 £11.40
    +£6.46 cheaper APG £7.60

Thanks to who found this. I missed to many pages over Xmas so had to skip most.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    silvercar wrote: »

Its shedding too much so they've taken it down. They live in a flat so have no garden and no way of disposing.

It has roots, but is it possible to save it? If not it will fit in the recycling bin.

Yes i think you can plant it if it has roots, nothing to lose if it dont "take"
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    silvercar wrote: »

If it has roots it should be ok to pot (or stick in the ground if too big for a pot) it may take a while to recover though
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Saversue wrote: »
    Just to say todays Heinz shop worked, didn't get any beans, as don't like them, with or without sausages. so just be careful now Asda House has seen my receipt from yesterdays shop and know what the apg was, in-case the glitch stops.

Think I need to hand in my Elite Badge
    Or join the list of people avoiding A because of their accusing attitude.
    I would have liked to have got a few tins of cheap beanz or gift sets, but have none because of the jobsworths.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • Bikertov
    Bikertov Posts: 1,598 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mrs_lds wrote: »
    How do they know it's you using apg s?
    hornetgirl wrote: »
    I think bikertov may use the same store as me. They’ve recently installed little video screens above the ss tills :eek:

Yes, and no ....

It was at a different store HG, near to my work, that I go to. Was using a few wombled ones at the manned tills, the supervisor got called over for some reason, then the duty manager. They wanted to take copies of the receipts etc but I refused. They then accused me of fraud for wombling, saying they had me on CCTV picking up receipts (only ever pickup outside, never in-store). Threatened to call the police etc.

So I have kept it low profile there for a few months now, and try not to use big APGs there but go further afield to different stores. Mainly just buy stuff there without using a lot of APGs.

Always feel self conscious at SS tills with cameras, but more and more stores have them now. But it is easier to use big APGs without drawing attention at the time.
  • Blacklist
    Options
    Was the soup multibuy showing on msyupermarket and asda.com before?
  • ma-ri-ella
    Options
    just saying hi . was a member a few years ago but with work and a nasty local asda i got out the habit.. sadly works not so good so really need to start saving the pennies and don't want to live off tinned soup
    £365 a year spend challenge - this has included food/clothes/beauty?? who knows where I am
    20,000 step a day challenge
  • locarr
    locarr Posts: 8,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bikertov wrote: »
    I've never bought sweets for fillers. Always fruit and veg as suggested, then other things we use like cleaning products (thin bleach is good at 25p), drinks etc etc I just check on MSM to see the comparison and rarely lose out.

Same as that, never bought a filler and wouldn't know what a "flump" is...always buy things I will use, milk, SP rice , paracetemol, fruit etc
    My Christmas tree came down on Thursday. I got sick of hoovering the needles up twice a day :mad:

It took me an hour to hoover up all the remaining needles and I still haven't finished :mad:

The rest of the decorations will be down later today or tomorrow

Bah humbug
    ma-ri-ella wrote: »
    just saying hi . was a member a few years ago but with work and a nasty local asda i got out the habit.. sadly works not so good so really need to start saving the pennies and don't want to live off tinned soup

Welcome back :)
    "He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas" Benjamin Franklin

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills