<<<out of cheese error>>>

Options

Comments

• redofromstart
    Options
    The cats are still paying a very complicated game of 'is the snow still there', in-between fighting for prime position in front of the wood burner. Boys have a snow day and are fighting for prime position in front of computers.

I am on a vague attempt at planning food forwards, not something I have ever been good at. I always buy a butterflied turkey and brine it, so as a minimum I want a new bucket which I should have bought when I got the tree. I slice and freeze the leftover turkey in gravy for DS1 so I need enough containers for that, or to buy a smaller turkey this year given that he only ate the last tub a few weeks ago. I also note that MrM have whole salmon at £5/KG and I am tempted to hot smoke one - we have done this before and really enjoyed it but we also used to cater for bigger numbers.

Double espresso and fudge for breakfast -yum!
  • redofromstart
    Options
    tantaraza wrote: »
    now we have 4-6 inches of snow here and a set of 4 winter tyres for my little hatchback is £292!!! _pale_

Are they actually essential? I haven't got winter tyres on my car, we get snowed in maybe once every two years and I try as hard as I can to just not drive if that happens as we live on a hill in the bit of the village that is never gritted.
  • redofromstart
    Options
    and, while I think about it, any ideas on treatment for chilblains?

*itchy and scratchy*
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,141 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    and, while I think about it, any ideas on treatment for chilblains?

*itchy and scratchy*

Yes. Turn the heating on.
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did you make the fudge with condensed milk and chocolate? I will probably need to make at least 4 batches, mainly for presents.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Apparently snow for chilblains.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • tantaraza
    Options
    Unfortunately, yes. I've just started a new job as a delivery driver so I'll be driving in my car a minimum of two nights a week. Also, when I arrived home earlier today I turned right into my street and proceeded to get stuck on some ice _pale_ (un?)fortunately I live on a hill so managed to put the car into reverse and steer it into a miraculously available space and walked the rest of the way home. I used to have a car pot for expenses like this but it ended up covering the cost of an operation for my cat back in October and hasn't been replenished yet. I wish I'd known it was going to snow, I had two new tyres in September that could've been winter tyres instead of summer! :(

I was actually supposed to work on Sunday night :eek: but managed to get away with not going on the grounds that I'd discovered on Saturday that one of my brake lights was dodgy (could be seen in the daytime, but at night it looked like I only had one brake light :eek:) but that was fixed today with brand new shiny bulbs :D

Sorry about taking up your diary with all this talk of overpriced tyres! :o Also, I have no advice on the chilblains, but I do hope you feel better soon! :grouphug:
  • Kittychick
    Options
    Ouch to the chilblains! I remember them from childhood although I never had them... Hope they ease off soon x
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,165 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 December 2017 at 10:33AM
    Options
    Chilblains, I usually get them if I am not careful about temperature contrasts. This time its cold hands into too hot bath, so just the top knuckle of my little fingers. It's why I live in sheepskin boots - hate it when I get them on my toes. Trouble is its snow and ice outside, so I need to wear my walking boots to head out in a bit as my fur boots are quite slippy.

:hello: kittychick
    inod - I remember reading that somewhere too, can't think where though. Certainly plenty of it here.
    MrsC - DS1 only likes vanilla so just the basic carnation ultimate fudge with a little vanilla added at the beating stage. It's all gone :o
    greenbee It has mostly been on or madam gets cold :cool: Smart thingy says £7 on gas and electric yesterday! Plus whatever a bag of logs is.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback