Looking for the silver lining

Comments

• Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    :T:T:T for pottering days.... Although appreciate you missed seeing GD

Hope OH GP appointment goes well... All those things would be beneficial to you both

I need to get into an evening dress on Friday.... So having a :eek: weekend full of yummy food and alcohol. I have cut out carbs (apart from fruit and veg) oh yes and one fairy cake OH made at weekend :D

Here's to a good week for all...
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,276 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    GP appointment was fairly productive - Mr SA's anti depressants dose has been upped and he is to get a referral letter for the disabled gym sessions. Although his double vision has stopped at the moment, he mentioned it to her and she suggested he get his eyes tested. Bearing in mind last year his brain tumour was originally diagnosed as depression and this particular GP said depression could be the cause of his seizures! To be honest she didn't seem to understand his condition that much, although she has agreed to monitor him and do blood tests regularly.

As for me, I've done another "Shred" session today and am being quite good diet wise, however, I need to get back in the habit of counting my points. Tomorrow I'm going to sit down with my tracker and plan for the week - properly.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,241 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Blimey, not sure I would have much faith in the GP :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Bubblesmum
    beanielou wrote: »
    Blimey, not sure I would have much faith in the GP :eek:

Agree... Time for a change ? :o
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,276 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Thanks ladies - she's "alternative" and believes in meditation over medicine. Thankfully the other GPs at the practice are more conventional.

Fitbit arrived today, only got as far as charging it up so far but thanks to You Tube I know how to set it up so this is a job for the weekend.

Mr SA is fine at the moment healthwise but has been very trying in his not understanding things, eg I can't get him to understand why he can't have a bike for Christmas (can you imagine it!!!!). Perish the thought. He has had another fall whilst out with his carer and he can't find his new gloves. I need the patience of a saint.

Did another session of 30 day shred so that's me done until Sunday.

Still trying to sort myself out diet and budget wise, really need to keep tabs on both, trying to devise a plan to stick to, just need a willpower transplant!
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • :eek: to Mr SA wanting a bike!!

I think you cope brilliantly Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,241 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    I cant talk.
    Fell twice today.
    Once in shower & once in a puddle :eek: :rotfl:

You are very patient SA.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sorry to hear that Beanie, hope you didn't hurt yourself Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 2,749 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Meditation is fab, but must be in conjunction with medication. Don't be fobbed off. Don't take one GPs opinion as fact, especially with GPs history of mistaking cancer for depression.
    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
  • Bubblesmum
    beanielou wrote: »
    I cant talk.
    Fell twice today.
    Once in shower & once in a puddle :eek: :rotfl:

You are very patient SA.

I'm hoping its the other way round so you didn't have to get back in the shower to be clean again definitely :eek::eek: and hope today is fall free

:grouphug::grouphug:
    Fake it, to you Make It

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure