IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN for Hillingdon Tube Station

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,637
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    So next step is to formulate a strategy. Sadly there is no "no keeper liability" get out as the PCN is titled as "ANPR Postal Notice to Keeper".
    The POFA has nothing to do which what the document is entitled!

Why not simply copy any other NCP POPLA appeal about a postal ticket? Search the forum.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • financerulez
    financerulez Posts: 103 Forumite
    Yes, I have a POPLA code.

Interesting.

Can you post a redacted version of their original NtK? (Apologies if I've missed it.)

We need to know whether they are alleging a breach of contract, a breach of byelaws, or a mishmash. The fact they've issued a POPLA code would imply it's not a byelaws issue.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Interesting.

Can you post a redacted version of their original NtK? (Apologies if I've missed it.)

We need to know whether they are alleging a breach of contract, a breach of byelaws, or a mishmash. The fact they've issued a POPLA code would imply it's not a byelaws issue.

Indeed it's not entirely clear what they are claiming this ticket is if they are offering a POPLA code. If they are claiming byelaws this could be interesting.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,637
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    NCP never claim byelaws, so it's a straightforward POPLA appeal copied from another ANPR one.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • mcbearington
    mcbearington Posts: 24 Forumite
    edited 20 March 2018 at 1:13PM
    this is the original. alleged breach of car park terms and conditions of use.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,432
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 7 March 2018 at 10:02PM
    They seem to have got the wording wrong here:

2jgq4l.jpg

It doesn't make sense.

It simply isn't what POFA says it must state.
  • mcbearington
    mcbearington Posts: 24 Forumite
    edited 20 March 2018 at 1:17PM
    Thanks Keith. I think that therefore relates to the template I copied in for section 2 of my appeal draft below.
  • Handbags-at-dawn
    Handbags-at-dawn Posts: 210
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 8 March 2018 at 12:40AM
    KeithP wrote: »
    They seem to have got the wording wrong here:

2jgq4l.jpg

It doesn't make sense.

It simply isn't what POFA says it must state.

Added to which, it's a completely false representation because they have no right to take recovery action against the keeper on land subject to the TfL Railway Byelaws 2011. They should be prosecuted for offences under the Fraud Act 2006 and the Protection from Unfair Trading Regs 2008. Please complain to Trading Standards.

Also, have a look at post 18 on this thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73892395. The POPLA assessor seemed to think that if the PCN is not issued under Byelaws, the land becomes relevant land under POFA. So your appeal needs to spell it out: land subject to Byelaws is not relevant land, end of story, and NCP's method of enforcement makes no difference to that.
  • Added to which, it's a completely false representation because they have no right to take recovery action against the keeper on land subject to the TfL Railway Byelaws 2011. They should be prosecuted for offences under the Fraud Act 2006 and the Protection from Unfair Trading Regs 2008. Please complain to Trading Standards.

This is a major point.

Find out if the land is subject to byelaws. If it is - mention that in your paragraph about POFA - that Reg Keeper liability can't apply as it's not relevant land.

As soon as POPLA hear anything about byelaws they'll ditch it I imagine.
  • This FOIR confirms all TfL tube station car parks are subject to the Byelaws (see at bottom of letter, 3rd para from the end):
    https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/tube_station_car_parks#incoming-1011604

Unfortunately the list of car parks in the website linked to the request seems to have been removed. However, you can see Hillingdon in NCP's list of London Underground station car parks here:
    https://www.ncp.co.uk/parking-solutions/london-underground-car-parks/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport