wh has Facebook disabled my account! Help?

This morning i i tried to log into my Facebook (as usual) but found out can't log in.
It just comes up with a box saying my Facebook has been disabled!
I've had Facebook since about 2009 & this has never happened before.
I'm sure I haven't posted anything that would go against Faxebooks t&c's.
The only thing I can think of is my page is called Germany Jones...which is not my nan, but my FFacebook has always been called that.
I have mu real name Julie Phillips on my Facebook page as my nickname.
Do you think it's cause of the using a nickname rather than my real name?

Comments

• greatgimpo
    greatgimpo Posts: 1,256 Forumite
    Think of it as a blessing and do without.
  • Gleeful
    Gleeful Posts: 1,979 Forumite
    geriann wrote: »
    This morning i i tried to log into my Facebook (as usual) but found out can't log in.
    It just comes up with a box saying my Facebook has been disabled!
    I've had Facebook since about 2009 & this has never happened before.
    I'm sure I haven't posted anything that would go against Faxebooks t&c's.
    The only thing I can think of is my page is called Germany Jones...which is not my nan, but my FFacebook has always been called that.
    I have mu real name Julie Phillips on my Facebook page as my nickname.
    Do you think it's cause of the using a nickname rather than my real name?

Yes, you have violated their ts and C's
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,868
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Facebook regularly go round and purge accounts that aren't using "real" names.

Here's some details:
    https://www.facebook.com/help/112146705538576?helpref=related

The problem you may now have is getting the account back as it's possible you may have to send a copy of some ID to Facebook showing the name, in your case, Germany Jones, to get it back.
  • geriann
    geriann Posts: 156 Forumite
    Gleeful wrote: »
    Yes, you have violated their ts and C's
    I thought because I do have my real name on my page I was ok. I thought that's why I'd never had a problem before.
    I wish Facebook had sent me a warning to say why I'm violating their terms & given me a chance to rectify it.
    Facebook regularly go round and purge accounts that aren't using "real" names.

Here's some details:
    https://www.facebook.com/help/112146705538576?helpref=related

The problem you may now have is getting the account back as it's possible you may have to send a copy of some ID to Facebook showing the name, in your case, Germany Jones, to get it back.

Damn predictive text said Germany instead of Geriann! I use Geriann Jones or just Geriann on all my internet things.

I tried sending a photo of me with the Geriann name on it as ID, but as I guessed Facebook didn't accept it. (By the way Ithe photo was from years ago when I did some modelling under the name Geriann.)

I can't think of any ID Facebook would accept that has Geriann on it...For obvious reasons. :/
    how am I meant to change my Facebook name to my real name if I can't sign in?
    Why didn'tFB warn me & give me a chance to rectify the issue?!? >:(

Does anyone know how to contact an actual human being at Facebook? Rather than their automated forms.
  • chrisw
    chrisw Posts: 3,388
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Interesting. A relative of mine joined the police specials and was advised to change her Facebook name away from her real name for security reasons.
  • geriann
    geriann Posts: 156 Forumite
    Somebody needs to tell Facebook that putting your FB page as a different name doesn't mean you're a criminal & it can actually protct your identity.
    I've been using the name Geriann since i got the Iinternet in 20their name frequently!ther social media website & forums don't care what name you put. Back in the Myspace days people often didn't use their real name & some changed thier name frequently!
    When I started on the Internet I chose to go by Geriann because of my mental illnesses. I wanted totalk about my pproblems freely without worrying that family/etc would see everything.
    later I had the added reason of an abusive husband, now ex-husband. Everything I've ever uploaded or written has been the truth...I don't pretend to be anything..It's the real me just a different name so certain people can't find me.
    I'm furious that Facebook have disabled m account with no warning!

CHRIS
    you should warn you're relative (& the police) about this.
  • stator
    stator Posts: 7,441
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Facebook don't care what you want. Facebook care what advertisers want. You are just the content being sold to advertisers.
    If you don't like their policies, don't use facebook.
    Changing the world, one sarcastic comment at a time.
  • angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    The fact is when you join facebook you agree to their terms and policies, if you dont like them or agree to them they you dont join. you are not forced to join facebook
  • geriann wrote: »
    Somebody needs to tell Facebook that putting your FB page as a different name doesn't mean you're a criminal & it can actually protct your identity.
    Protect your identity yet you gave your facebook user name, your real name and the nickname you use on the internet as well as giving out a fair amount of other information such as you having modelled and the name you did this under and the fact that you have had an abusive and troubled marriage.

If you are happy to give that much information out on here, maybe not using Facebook isn't a bad idea.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,288
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    Sharing of too many competitions on Facebook also results in a ban
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure