The Ultimate Incentive muddles along

Comments

• Cinny91
    Cinny91 Posts: 6,022 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Thank you both! Honestly I'm so excited but I got a little sad last night putting Oscar down in his nursery for the last time. I spent so long in there when I was pregnant making it perfect for him, his new room will be equally if not more awesome but it's being set up as a toddlers room in a montessori style, not a teenytiny humans room with changing table and cot. Becoming a mum has turned me into such a sap!!
  • clearmydebts
    clearmydebts Posts: 6,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Cinny91 wrote: »
    Thank you both! Honestly I'm so excited but I got a little sad last night putting Oscar down in his nursery for the last time. I spent so long in there when I was pregnant making it perfect for him, his new room will be equally if not more awesome but it's being set up as a toddlers room in a montessori style, not a teenytiny humans room with changing table and cot. Becoming a mum has turned me into such a sap!!

Oh I know. I cry at everything now and I used to be the ice maiden!!
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€26,947
    DFD:Nov 22/June 22
    Mortgage: €199,712
    MFD: March 2042/July 2034
  • clearmydebts
    Wendz - well done to Poppy at school. It's always such a relief when you are told they are doing well.

Evie got first in her gymnastics the other day. I was so delighted for her because she is very clumsy and is left-handed so traditional sports don't come easily to her. It was great to see her excelling in something!
  • wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Definitely does turn you soft being a Mum!

That's amazing for Evie CMD, bet you are a super proud mum as well.
  • Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 11,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    Well done Evie! Great achievement.

Is the move today Cinny?

Taught 2 of my 4 classes today,have a little break now until 4pm.

Came home to not 1, or 2, but 5 emails from the builders, the insurance ones not the extension ones. All asking for more money for various things. At my wits end. In total it comes to nearly another £1000, which is supposed to be in the budget anyway as I saved in other areas to make these things happen, and now they've said they can't reallocate budget in this way (after telling me earlier that they could). So no idea how I'm supposed to pay for the changes quite frankly.

Plan for this afternoon is to try to fight the printer to get the last few letters printed for schools, order more contact lenses, reply to all business emails, chase pool hire, and send June invoices. This evening need to sort AO.

Paid my pregnancy training installment yesterday, bit galling tbh I couldn't pay it off the debt, but the one thing I've really seen is that investing in training has paid off very very well for me.

David Lloyd seem interested in taking on aqua yoga, which would be good if I can fit it into the timetable. My body will either be ripped or destroyed by the time this debt is clear.
    Debt January 1st 2018 £96,999.81
    Debt September 20th 2022 £2991.68- 96.92% paid off
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • Dinah93
    NIMs car needs the garage. Brakes are playing up big time. Where's that magic money tree when you need one (on a side note, I accidentally said strong and stable not once but twice during a yoga class on election day. First time was bad enough, second time I wanted the ground to open up and swallow me whole).

Had a blood test Tuesday, just had a call to say doc needs to speak to me tomorrow about my iron and b12 serum. Probably nothing more than needing a few vitamins but might be some pretty big vitamins if levels have been off enough to have caused my toes to go numb for the last few months.

The printer and I fought. It won.
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • clearmydebts
    I hope you don't mind me saying this but are you okay? You sound under a huge amount of financial and mental pressure.

How is your SOA going? You said that you are in a positive financial position in your SOA which is great but have you an emergency plan in place? How are you going to get the money to pay the builders the extra cash? Is NIM providing you with any emotional support? What if he is made redundant?
  • Dinah93
    edited 6 July 2017 at 10:25PM
    • Tidy bedroom
    • Complete assignment 3
    • Complete assignment 4
    • Complete assignment 5
    • Do any alterations from weekends coursework
    • Order NIM flyers
    • NIM uniform tax claim
    • Send letter to schools In progress, most letters printed, signed, in addressed envelopes. 7 envelopes currently addressed but empty as the printer won't accept our A4 paper is A4...
    • Get knee x-ray
    • Refund Monday morning customers
      [STRIKE]
    • Email forum/call David Lloyd[/STRIKE]
    • Reply to booking survey
    • Do list of all charges for L&G
      [STRIKE]
    • Sort FBA issues In progress[/STRIKE]
    • 2016-2017 Tax Return
    • Tax credits renewal
      [STRIKE]
    • Send June invoices[/STRIKE]
      [STRIKE]
    • Call hotel re pool hire again[/STRIKE]
    • Find somewhere for phone and computer repairs
      [STRIKE]
    • Plan this week's lessons[/STRIKE]
    • Return lights to Wickes
      [STRIKE]
    • Pay pregnancy training installment [/STRIKE]
    • Pay room hire for 2 studios for July
      [STRIKE]
    • Sort out AO microwave Tried, need NIM as paid on his card[/STRIKE]
      [STRIKE]
    • Reply to all business emails
      [/STRIKE][STRIKE]
    • Order contacts [/STRIKE]
    • Collect new phone
    • Book London train tickets
    • Investigate Amazon fullfillment printing
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • Dinah93
    I hope you don't mind me saying this but are you okay? You sound under a huge amount of financial and mental pressure.

How is your SOA going? You said that you are in a positive financial position in your SOA which is great but have you an emergency plan in place? How are you going to get the money to pay the builders the extra cash? Is NIM providing you with any emotional support? What if he is made redundant?

Thank you for asking. I'm okay. Tired but okay. Looking forward to the summer holidays. Don't feel like I see the kids much, being out of our home for so long hasn't been easy. Mum constantly on my case about my working, she doesn't think NIM can cope with the kids when I work. He doesn't get angry but he is pretty poor at the basics of making them a hot meal and washing them to be completely honest. Would mean a lot to me not to have to worry about that as well.

Extra money for the builders will have to come from anything extra we make this month. Although right now I'm tempted to just fire it back to legal and general and tell them they moved the goalposts, unless they want to keep paying out accommodation forever they better bloody well move them back.

NIM is barely holding himself together, he's not able to be a support to anyone. But at the moment at least he's not in complete crisis which actually drains me completely as well. I'm more worried about him mentally if he's made redundant than financially, there are always other jobs, even if the other job is minimum wage or stepping up the handymanning.

Speaking of, he has some work this weekend. Should be another £100 or so. Don't know if there is anything else he can do to our house as well before the builder comes over to repair the roof in a week.
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • clearmydebts
    Dinah93 wrote: »
    Thank you for asking. I'm okay. Tired but okay. Looking forward to the summer holidays. Don't feel like I see the kids much, being out of our home for so long hasn't been easy. Mum constantly on my case about my working, she doesn't think NIM can cope with the kids when I work. He doesn't get angry but he is pretty poor at the basics of making them a hot meal and washing them to be completely honest. Would mean a lot to me not to have to worry about that as well.

Extra money for the builders will have to come from anything extra we make this month. Although right now I'm tempted to just fire it back to legal and general and tell them they moved the goalposts, unless they want to keep paying out accommodation forever they better bloody well move them back.

NIM is barely holding himself together, he's not able to be a support to anyone. But at the moment at least he's not in complete crisis which actually drains me completely as well. I'm more worried about him mentally if he's made redundant than financially, there are always other jobs, even if the other job is minimum wage or stepping up the handymanning.

Speaking of, he has some work this weekend. Should be another £100 or so. Don't know if there is anything else he can do to our house as well before the builder comes over to repair the roof in a week.

Good news on the £100, that's a nice amount extra to get over the weekend. Does he perform well at work and then just crash when he comes home? Not easy on you at all but I can see how he is exhausted from having to put on a front when he is at work? Is he still working in the care area? It's a fairly draining area to work in at the best of times, and that's even when your mental health is good. Do they have a time frame for letting them know about redundancy?

I'm sure it's a real strain having to live with your parents. I did it for 6 months and found it very hard. I found my mother was far more opinionated about things as well. Does your Mum have valid concerns or is she just worried you are pushing yourself too much? Would NIM benefit from a weekend at home (just him) to have a re-charge?

Re: the house. I would fire it back to Legal and General and make it their problem.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills