Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• WJN222
    WJN222 Posts: 202 Forumite
    Hi all,

WI this morning was STS

I'm happy with that given I ate out for 4 days this week!
    Back on plan whole hearted today!
    walk 2018 miles in 2018 - 781 of 2018
    Save £5 for every PR: 10 of 35
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,572 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I've never tried anything dry in the SC either so thanks for the tips (and the laugh:D) haylaluru.

All those stomach cramps sound painful. Hope you get well soon lush and lois. I had similar last week and I think it was from eating a tin of mackerel in mustard sauce or it could have been too much lemon water. Whatever it was definitely didn't agree with me. Upside was I didn't fancy eating anything and I had a good loss so fingers crossed for your both.:)

I like to be at the low end of target range too mrsp, although it's easier said than done. Well done with the running.:T

If you enjoy fruit and yogurt for breakfast then I'd go for it kathrynha. It means you have both your HEXs for the rest of the day. Looking at your menus overall I don't think you eat very much. No problem with a salad at lunchtime but is a JP enough for a main meal? Does the whole family eat what you have?

Pleased I found a portion of soup in the freezer as supplies are getting limited. I'm eating out tonight but I'll probably have steak and salad again, jury still out on whether to go for chips or new potatoes.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, 2 boiled eggs, HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: lentil and veg soup
    D: steak, salad and???
    Syns: not sure yet

We're off early in the morning and while I'll make some sensible choices I'll effectively be off plan until next week.:)
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Maman - it would have to be chips for me with steak & salad! I love new potatoes but wouldn't normally have them unless eating out!

Enjoy your holiday. Can't wait for mine to come round but have another 2 weeks before I go and I'll be away for my birthday, coming home the day after.

Denise
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    maman wrote: »
    If you enjoy fruit and yogurt for breakfast then I'd go for it kathrynha. It means you have both your HEXs for the rest of the day. Looking at your menus overall I don't think you eat very much. No problem with a salad at lunchtime but is a JP enough for a main meal? Does the whole family eat what you have?

When I put jacket potato that's me just being too lazy to type more :)
    Jacket potato mean potato, filling (often tuna), salad, etc. and I tend to have a reasonable sized potato.
    Same when I put just chilli, I mean and rice or wedges.

We generally eat together as a family. and normally all the same, so hubby and daughter would kick up a fuss if I fed them small amounts :)

Also tend not to have too many syns in my plan, because that leaves them for when I need them.

I liked the fruit and yogurt for breakfast, but it didn't fill me till lunchtime like the overnight oats, so then I needed something else mid morning, which is when I get tempted by the work tuck shop. Maybe changing my oats to grape nut might be a nice change
    Zebras rock
  • lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    joedenise wrote: »
    LLS sounds like a good idea to keep a food diary for a few days but you really need to see a Dr as soon as you can if the pain is that bad. Your health should come before work!

You may have missed it but oats are now 40g for HEB not 35g so enjoy the extra 5g! It may not sound much but I definitely notice I stay fuller for longer since it's been increased!

Y'know I did wonder about the quantity but convinced myself it had gone from 30 to 35g not 35 to 40g ha!
    I will definitely get an appointment - I know there's a few different things it could be (some of which others in the family have) so I should get it checked really.

will ask re my weightloss efforts whilst there as I try so hard and make very little progress!
    Haylaluru wrote: »
    Lush It sounds very similar to what I've had. The pain would start on my right under my ribs and would radiate around by back, up into my shoulder and across my chest. It was agony and would last about an hour and during that time I could hardly concentrate on breathing never mind anything else. Dr suggested Dioralyte every hour on the hour for 6 hours then water every hour on the hour for the next 24 hours (except when sleeping) to 'flush' out a potential virus. I had blood tests and off the back of those results an ultrasound which showed I was 'borderline' and no further action required. Borderline what? I have no idea as I can't get passed the bloomin' receptionist to make an appointment with the GP to discuss it further. I couldn't even get to see the GP before the ultrasound as the appointment just came though because of the LFT result so I have no idea what was suspected. (possibly fatty liver but that's the danger of a google search when you can't see your GP) The initial dioralyte/water did ease it a lot and got rid of the dull ache under my ribs although I had another 2 episodes of full blown agony between then and the ultrasound last week. My symptoms are much better after I started avoiding onions and leafy greens, I'd never had a problem with these ever before but from my food diary these seemed to be the only common triggers, so maybe it was a build up of gas which sounds trivial but jeez I've never known pain like it, and I've been through childbirth.
    So keep a food diary to see what your triggers are and get to see a GP if you can, hope you feel better soon x

I'm going to go to the GP on Friday - I wonder if it may be a touch of IBS if nothing else. the wind is awful along with the pain and bloating etc :(

I settled on making gammon egg and chips for hubs for tea, littlie will have fish fingers. I think I will have a jacket potato with a little salad and some coronation tuna (1 syn)

I've had 7 chocolate fingers over the last 9 hours (a whopping 11 syns) and may have a white options tonight as I've had no a choice yet :)
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Hiya everyone I am rather early doing my Wednesday's plan, but, while I'm doing this I'm not eating. I have had everything I am allowed today, although, I haven't had my crispbread's yet ( supper I think ):D:D

Plan for Wednesday..

Breakfast.. f f yoghurt, banana, strawberries.blueberries.

Lunch.. mushroom Soup 2 ryvita 3 syns Butter clementine.

Dinner.. double egg bacon B and s/w cheesy A. Chips beetroot,

Extra. 2 alpen lite bars B. 2 crispbreads 5 syns inc butter. Melon.
    8 syns.. A for Milk :cool: :)
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    I really need to not weigh myself between weigh ins.

Yes I have said that before!

Yesterday - stay the same
    Today - 1lb on
    Did some exercise then weighed again - 6lb on
    Various more weighings and I have a range of 8lb all within an hour, and all of them gains on yesterday!

Think my scales may be iffy. Now kind of dreading weigh in tonight, because I have no idea what to expect. Add to that I am feeling naff because I am coming down with a cold, and I have PMT :(
    Zebras rock
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hail, whiplashy, SOTW! Thanks again for the chart, shala.

Can’t remember where it was, but yesterday I saw a bit about coconut oil being really, really bad for you! I wish they would make their minds up!

Well done, mrsp (I’m worn out just reading your post – I may need to go for a lie down!).

Lois & lush, I hope you feel better soon.

kathrynha, my scales played tricks on me last year – they’d give one result, step off and on and give another, ad infinitum - and I finally gave in and bought new ones. They seem to be behaving themselves, although I’m not one for weighing myself in between times (can’t face the misery I might get).

Tuesday
    Pre Breakfast: banana
    Breakfast: [STRIKE]poached eggs, beans, tomatoes, hexb toast
    [/STRIKE] hexb porridge
    Snack: choc orange hifi (3)
    Lunch: baked potato, tuna & sweetcorn mayo (1), salad, [STRIKE]3[/STRIKE] 1 x mini babybel light (part hexa), Light & Free mango and passionfruit yogurt
    Snack: Metcalfs's skinny popcorn (5)
    Dinner: [STRIKE]spaghetti Bolognese, BUT I may not be around to make it, and , even if I am, it may [/STRIKE]just me so I may find something else bacon, eggs, tomatoes, beans, mushrooms, hm coconut & raspberry cake (7)
    Snacks: 2 x rest of hexa mini babybels & grapes

Wednesday
    Pre-Breakfast: banana
    Breakfast: ham, hard boiled egg, hexa cheese, tomato, melon, strawberries, pineapple (this seems more like lunch than breakfast, but I’ve gone back to basics and this is from the sample plan on website)
    Lunch: hexb chicken sandwich with lettuce, tomato, gherkins, spring onion, yogurt
    Dinner: steak & chips, mushrooms, onions, peppers, salad
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • piglet6
    piglet6 Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    kathrynha wrote: »
    What do people have for breakfasts that potentially uses the HB, but preferably not the HA, that is either cold, or just uses hot water to cook, that can be eaten unmessily, and not too smellily at a desk? Thanks

If I want to use HB for breakfast but save HA, I have Weetabix Crunchy Bran with fat free Greek yoghurt. It takes longer to eat than when I have it with milk and is much more filling. Its cold, fairly unmessy, and not smelly! :D

P x
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,572 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    That seems like lots of different things to serve up for dinner lush . I don't begrudge you having what you fancy but it would be so much simpler and sociable (and less work for you :A) if you all ate much the same.

Glad to hear that's only a shorthand menu kathryna . You've done so well with all the stresses in the past few weeks. I have Puffed Wheat when I have cereal for breakfast but that's only about once a week. It's very bland (tastes like plain popcorn) but you do get loads The bonus of overnight oats is you use yogurt so can save HEA for cheese or milk later in the day.

I ended up with errands to run so had to cry off meal with friends. As we've got so little in I concocted a JP with tuna and pickles. Still having promised wine syns though.:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure