£67,031.92 is a frightening number indeed....

Comments

• boxofpaws
    boxofpaws Posts: 753
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I couldnt ever do mid month payments because I could never remember which cards allowed what and got myself all tangled up. I just do one big payment to each one now, it's all my fluffy brain can handle. You are doing incredibly well!

And thank you for the iPhone tip, I love it!
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • Oooof, the card thing. I've had a not-dissimilar thing over at casa me, with DH trying to make payments out of an account that doesn't make third party payments and getting charged $250 in late fees from the merchant. I've also taken it out of Christmas/birthdays/spending/groceries because where else can you?

On parties, don't know how old yours are, but I can tell you that I have done the delightful coordinated themed decorations thing with carefully curated party bags, and the "stick some Poundland bunting on the wall and call it good" thing, and mine - 8 and 5 now - do not care at ALL. As long as they get a decorated cake and there are party bags, they're good to go. If the party bag toys fall apart within days? Also fine. Last year I was time poor and ordered a Victoria sponge instead of making a cake - got them to cover it in plain white buttercream and then I stuck Smarties all over it, and the kids LOVED it. And these are kids who start poring over the Kids' Birthday Cake Cookbook approximately nine months before the big day. They do. not. care.
    MFW diary here. 1 Feb 2017 $229,371 - MFD Feb 2043 :eek: aiming for May 2028
    14 August 2017 - Refinanced: $220,000
    January 2019 $211,580 Current MFD 31 June 2036
  • ... these are kids who start poring over the Kids' Birthday Cake Cookbook approximately nine months before the big day. They do. not. care.
    This made me laugh! Thank you :)
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Tried your tip with messages between iphones but mine didn't send until I lifted my finger from the send button and no speech bubble option. Thx for the tip though. I wonder what I'm doing wrong.
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • Verbatim wrote: »
    Tried your tip with messages between iphones but mine didn't send until I lifted my finger from the send button and no speech bubble option. Thx for the tip though. I wonder what I'm doing wrong.
    Mine's an iPhone 6, and it came in with the latest software update (I think), I don't know if either of those things make a difference (although DH has a newish iPhone 5 and it works on that too). Probably only works on messages to other iPhones too, I imagine.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • Week 5: Day 3

After yesterday's financial excitement, I'd like a very boring and ordinary day today please.

I also have a doctor's appointment today, which I am slightly worried about (ongoing low level breast pain). Hoping they tell me I am worrying over nothing, but equally hoping they refer me for proper investigation.

In other news, I didn't get my 10,000 steps yesterday as I forgot DH was going out so I was stuck at home after doing the food shopping. Even worse, I ate a load of sweets and some leftover pudding and now have a total sugar hangover (does anyone else get those?). Healthy day again today please.

To do today:
    1. Bake bread again (will put the starter in the fridge for a week once this loaf is done, as I've got a couple of loaves in the freezer now!
    2. Knit socks - will take them to doc's and hopefully knit in the waiting room.
    3. Do a laundry this morning and get it out on the line - the forecast is a bit cloudy but it should still dry. Already done this!
    4. NSD (this means resisting temptation on way to doc with Child 3!).
    5. Keep on catching up with the next chunk of work/life admin.
    6. Check valued opinions for surveys.
    7. Batch cooking.
    8. Take packed lunch for doctor's for Child 3 to further avoid shopping temptation (appointment is at midday and it's a half hour walk each way, so she'll be hungry at some stage).

To do this week:
    1. List old unloved handbag on eb@y.
    2. Order birthday presents for child 2 and child 3.
    3. Order any party supplies needed.
    4. Make more candles when oils arrive.
    5. Finish current socks and start knitting a new pair for my dad's birthday.
    6. Pay preschool bill (there should only be one more, smallish, bill after this one, then free hours kick in. Hurrah!).
  • The preschool thing is brilliant news! After 7 years of juggling childcare bills - the worst was when they were both in 4 days a week, and I was only working/getting paid for a 3 day week spread over those 4 days so they didn't have too long a day - my youngest FINALLY started school in February this year. The difference is amazing. You'll really feel it too - I did last year when my free 4-y/old hours kicked in, although I was still paying for some wrap around care. Must feel amazing to see that particular light at the end of the tunnel!
    MFW diary here. 1 Feb 2017 $229,371 - MFD Feb 2043 :eek: aiming for May 2028
    14 August 2017 - Refinanced: $220,000
    January 2019 $211,580 Current MFD 31 June 2036
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Oh no to the MBN@ overpayment :eek:, well done on moving money around to cover it though.

Hope all goes well at the appointment today x
    Mummytogirls x

• Appointment was fairly horrible TBH. Unsympathetic doctor, very brusque, informed me there was a lump, organised a referral and had me out the door within 90 seconds afterwards. Nothing like a good hand hold when you're feeling totally shocked and fearing the worst :( . Not had a great afternoon.
  • angelpye
    angelpye Posts: 995
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Bless you, hugs being sent your way!
    Happiness is wanting what you have...
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    Use it or Loose it gym target: Feb'17 5/6 Mar 4/6 :j
    EF £0/£4200
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport