Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Al.206322
    • By Al.206322 13th Mar 18, 1:41 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Al.206322
    Selected for complaints review !!
    • 13th Mar 18, 1:41 PM
    Selected for complaints review !! 13th Mar 18 at 1:41 PM
    In October 2015 I complained about the sale of my packaged bank account, at the time I needed an overdraft and was told I had to have a royalties gold account (RBS) as that was the only way, (15/month), some years later I realised that I had been mis sold this and complained.

The complaint was dismissed as, as I remember, the time scales were off, I think they said they had sent me a letter informing me of the charges in whatever date and I had so long from then to complain, which I had nt done.

End of the line I thought.... now over 2 years later they have written to me saying “your complaint has been selected for review”

Has anyone else experienced similar ??

Any advice on how to play it ??

Thanks in advance..
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 13th Mar 18, 1:44 PM
    • 93,059 Posts
    • 60,448 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 13th Mar 18, 1:44 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 1:44 PM
    Has anyone else experienced similar ??
    yes

Any advice on how to play it ??
    Don't pre-judge the outcome. These reviews have seen outcomes where the majority of the people selected got their decision changed and other times where not one person got their decision changed.

If the original decision was correct, nothing will change. If it was wrong, then they will uphold the complaint.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Al.206322
    • By Al.206322 13th Mar 18, 2:40 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Al.206322
    • 13th Mar 18, 2:40 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 2:40 PM
    But why review a complaint that was refused in the basis of time scales??

I thought they were set in stone...
    • zx81
    • By zx81 13th Mar 18, 2:41 PM
    • 17,295 Posts
    • 18,408 Thanks
    zx81
    • 13th Mar 18, 2:41 PM
    • 13th Mar 18, 2:41 PM
    They are. But they will be reviewing whether the right stone was used.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,677Posts Today

8,443Users online

Martin's Twitter