Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 25th Jan 18, 5:58 PM
    • 3,221Posts
    • 6,370Thanks
    Smodlet
    Prolific Academic Survey Alerts
    • 25th Jan 18, 5:58 PM
    Prolific Academic Survey Alerts 25th Jan 18 at 5:58 PM
    Here we go again.
    What is this life if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?
    Every stew starts with the first onion.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
Page 1
    • GreyAndGold
    • By GreyAndGold 25th Jan 18, 9:24 PM
    • 285 Posts
    • 2,962 Thanks
    GreyAndGold
    • 25th Jan 18, 9:24 PM
    • 25th Jan 18, 9:24 PM
    Well done Smodlet, the last thread has vanished again.

Anyone wishing to join Prolific please head over to the referral thread and use someones sign up code.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5267356
    • MLE007
    • By MLE007 25th Jan 18, 10:14 PM
    • 333 Posts
    • 1,707 Thanks
    MLE007
    • 25th Jan 18, 10:14 PM
    • 25th Jan 18, 10:14 PM
    What happened to the old one?!
    2018 in 2018 £1759.53

2017 in 2017 £4727.33
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 26th Jan 18, 4:01 AM
    • 3,221 Posts
    • 6,370 Thanks
    Smodlet
    • 26th Jan 18, 4:01 AM
    • 26th Jan 18, 4:01 AM
    It disappeared, MLE007, just like the last one in July. Maybe six months is its lifespan... Or maybe this part of the board is the online equivalent of the Bermuda Triangle, who knows?
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • warby68
    • By warby68 26th Jan 18, 5:49 AM
    • 963 Posts
    • 9,726 Thanks
    warby68
    • 26th Jan 18, 5:49 AM
    • 26th Jan 18, 5:49 AM
    Quite a few established threads in various parts of the forum seem to be disappearing of late.

It is claimed that accidental hitting of the SPAM button is to blame in at least some cases - very weird that they are not brought back though if its an accident and problem with the system.
    • LadyMorticia
    • By LadyMorticia 26th Jan 18, 6:53 AM
    • 19,129 Posts
    • 86,664 Thanks
    LadyMorticia
    • 26th Jan 18, 6:53 AM
    • 26th Jan 18, 6:53 AM
    I wondered where the old thread had gone! Thought I was going even crazier than usual!
    January wins: *4 piece bamboo towel bale* *Winter Wonderland break*
    Win £2018 in £2018: £816.26/£2018
    • Mrs Soup
    • By Mrs Soup 26th Jan 18, 7:56 AM
    • 527 Posts
    • 1,061 Thanks
    Mrs Soup
    • 26th Jan 18, 7:56 AM
    • 26th Jan 18, 7:56 AM
    Spooky! It's gone again. I've not noticed a lot of spam on it so not sure why this thread disappears when some others don't.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 26th Jan 18, 9:55 AM
    • 3,221 Posts
    • 6,370 Thanks
    Smodlet
    • 26th Jan 18, 9:55 AM
    • 26th Jan 18, 9:55 AM
    I think spam is in the eye of the beholder at times, perchance.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 26th Jan 18, 10:04 AM
    • 3,221 Posts
    • 6,370 Thanks
    Smodlet
    • 26th Jan 18, 10:04 AM
    • 26th Jan 18, 10:04 AM
    Available Places : 60/100
    Avg. Completion Time : 5mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £6.30/hr
    Reward Per Hour estimated by researcher: £7.56/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 12mins
    Reward: £ 0.63

ETA: They want your partner to complete it as well as you... Thought PA did not allow that.
    Last edited by Smodlet; 26-01-2018 at 10:07 AM.
    • LTedeschi
    • By LTedeschi 26th Jan 18, 11:08 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    LTedeschi
    What happened?
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 26th Jan 18, 12:41 PM
    • 3,221 Posts
    • 6,370 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Available Places : 196/350
    Avg. Completion Time : 8mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £7.50/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 30mins
    Reward: £ 1.00

Questionnaire Arc 2 Tina, by Nathan Nguyen, appalling English - is this the one with the iffy attention checks?
    Last edited by Smodlet; 26-01-2018 at 12:44 PM.
    • Mrs Soup
    • By Mrs Soup 26th Jan 18, 3:43 PM
    • 527 Posts
    • 1,061 Thanks
    Mrs Soup
    Available Places : 196/350
    Avg. Completion Time : 8mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £7.50/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 30mins
    Reward: £ 1.00

Questionnaire Arc 2 Tina, by Nathan Nguyen, appalling English - is this the one with the iffy attention checks?
    Originally posted by Smodlet
    No that was Jean Charles Pillet CMB something and it has paid out already on the dodgy attention checks.
    I've only had the one today that is intended for couples - I guess they have explicitly set it up that way so they get two halves of a couple and can put the results together.
    • Misslayed
    • By Misslayed 26th Jan 18, 5:36 PM
    • 4,563 Posts
    • 23,427 Thanks
    Misslayed
    Quite a few established threads in various parts of the forum seem to be disappearing of late.

It is claimed that accidental hitting of the SPAM button is to blame in at least some cases - very weird that they are not brought back though if its an accident and problem with the system.
    Originally posted by warby68
    Unfortunately itís happened in other areas of the forum too, very annoying indeed. But following legal advice MSE now have policy of not restoring threads lost in this way because they are then deemed to be the publisher, and therefore liable for its entire content.
    Hi. Martin has asked me to tell you I'm a (novice) Board Guide on the Competitions, Site Feedback and Campaigns boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    • chinupandcarryon
    • By chinupandcarryon 27th Jan 18, 10:51 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    chinupandcarryon
    Circle surprise
    I've been using Circle to cash out for a while, suddenly asks me for address and DOB before allowing withdrawal (done), then still won't allow and now asking for photo-ID!

Anyone else had this?
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 27th Jan 18, 12:09 PM
    • 3,221 Posts
    • 6,370 Thanks
    Smodlet
    I believe this was mentioned on the previous thread, which I know does not help you now. If this happens to me, I will have to ask PA to reverse the payment so I can cash out via PayPal as I have no such I.D. and fail to see any need for it.

I think Circle were inundated with UK customers when PP began charging fees and failed to realise this made them subject to UK law. They then seemed to go in for a load of frantic back-tracking as I, for one, received a deluge of T's & C's which were not advised at the time of signing up.

Sorry I can be of no more help.
    • chinupandcarryon
    • By chinupandcarryon 27th Jan 18, 12:30 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    chinupandcarryon
    Thanks for your reply, Smodlet. Have you had to do the 'address and DOB' update?
    • Misslayed
    • By Misslayed 27th Jan 18, 12:46 PM
    • 4,563 Posts
    • 23,427 Thanks
    Misslayed
    I cashed out through Circle yesterday, I wasn!!!8217;t asked for dob or address.
    Hi. Martin has asked me to tell you I'm a (novice) Board Guide on the Competitions, Site Feedback and Campaigns boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 27th Jan 18, 3:18 PM
    • 3,221 Posts
    • 6,370 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Thanks for your reply, Smodlet. Have you had to do the 'address and DOB' update?
    Originally posted by chinupandcarryon

Not yet; as I implied, dreading it. Have you tried contacting Circle? I have found them quite helpful in the past. Had a hell of a time actually signing up, being technologically challenged, as I am... At least my shame is on the previous thread.
    • Raffers
    • By Raffers 28th Jan 18, 11:21 AM
    • 85 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    Raffers
    Seem to be stuck with the following message on the front screen for the site:

We have made changes to how you request cashouts.
    You now need to make sure that your cashout email and preferred payment methods are set.
    You will also need to make sure that your cashout email and account are verified
    Your cashout email will automatically be used when you request a cashout.

It constantly asks me to confirm:

Please check that you have sufficient funds, your account is not on hold and that you have verified your account and cashout email.

But at the same time it confirms my account is not on hold. If I indulge their request, I get an email requesting me to confirm my details. Even after confirming, the situation doesn't change.

Also, haven't had a survey in over a week.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 28th Jan 18, 11:25 AM
    • 3,221 Posts
    • 6,370 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Raffers, have you tried clicking on the Studies header at the top of your screen? The start a study button is no more; we now have to use the header instead, if that is your issue. HTH.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,725Posts Today

8,278Users online

Martin's Twitter