2018 Benbenandme's Next Battle

Comments

• I was cheering on Bournemouth today, excellent 3 points for you and beating arsenal is guaranteed to make a Chelsea fan smile. And city losing just makes the smile even wider.
    You are doing brilliantly on building up your brothers fund - amazing
  • benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,175 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Thank you Blackcats, I'm so proud of our team, 9 years ago we were 91st out of 92 teams in the football league. Now we're enjoying our third season in the Premier League, beating Arsenal ;):D
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • benbenandme
    A nice straight forward kinda Monday today - work was fine, ds had his Camhs appointment, all fine there. I spent £3.50 on lunch on the way back as I was so hungry and it would be too late to get anything at work.

I've hit today's Swagbucks goal, I stuck a beef casserole in the slow cooker this morning and it was lovely to walk in the door and smell dinner cooking :D

So, I've stuck a couple of jacket potatoes in the oven to go with it and I'm going to go and have my bath now to warm up a bit, then I can stick my pj's on and have a lazy evening and an early night. I will try and cross a couple more bits and pieces off of my list tonight too.
  • benbenandme
    £5 cashed out from Swagbucks, this time I went for an Amazon voucher as my vouchers there are running a bit low and I do buy tonnes from there throughout the year, so it seemed better value for now.
  • benbenandme
    My 3 reasons to be thankful today are:

• Being able to park right outside Camhs building ...usually have to park a ten minute walk away :)
    • The smell of dinner cooking when I walked in from work
    • My water bill came and my account is in credit :)
  • benbenandme
    A busy busy day at work today, nipped to Sainsburys on the way back, spent £16 but got a few reduced meals for the freezer.
    Nothing moneymaking happening today, my three reasons today are ...

• Ds has actually been pleasant all day ;)
    • Reduced bargains in Sainsburys tonight
    • Looking forward to an early night :)
  • benbenandme
    Ds wanted a headset for his computer, so I ordered it for him from Amazon and he's paid me the £19 back in cash. I had £16 in Amazon vouchers so I can transfer that to my 2018 fund pot :)
  • benbenandme
    Well it's been a funny old week - a bit hectic and I haven't managed to update on here for a few days.

Ds has had a couple of meltdowns which has resulted in him deciding to quit his paper-round :( The early mornings and stress of getting it done and getting to school on time have proved too much for him. He has talked about giving it up for a while but I've battled to keep him going but since we moved house it is a much longer journey for him to get to the newsagents so I knew this was inevitable sooner or later.

Then yesterday happened - a fantastic day for two reasons;

1. We got a call at school from a local business who are looking for a student to work a few hours afterschool during the week. Turns out it is on an industrial estate near us (ds could cycle there), it wouldn't involve working weekends so ds could still visit his dad - it sounds perfect, so rather than publicise it at school we prepped ds, practised making a phone call which is a huge no-no for him ... and he did it!! He phoned up and has to pop in to meet the guy on tuesday after school, fingers crossed it goes okay as this could be perfect for him :):)

2. For Christmas my bestie bought me a ticket for a 3 course meal and then a 70s/80s disco at a nice hotel ... looking at the pictures on the website it seems you were required to dress for the era. We wanted to be sure so phoned up yesterday to check and they said yes, most people do dress up for it. So we all donned our leg warmers, fingerless gloves etc and I backcombed my hair to within an inch of it's life ... and walked into the room full of about 200 people to find everybody else were wearing normal clothes :eek: We were given two free bottles of prosecco and got a round of applause from everyone there ... total humiliation but it made for the best night ever, we didn't care, we had a ball :D:D

So, after a very late night I'm feeling very sluggish today, ds has gone to his Dads and I'm planning a very lazy kinda day ;)
  • Good news on DS' potential new job.

I cant believe that no one would dress up if they were going to a 70/'s/80's disco - I love any excuse to dress up!!!
  • dangers
    dangers Posts: 1,456 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Hi Benben, I’m thinking about joining Shopmium - do you have a referral code I can use?

I don’t blame your ds wanting to give up his paper round - mine just does it once a week and thats a chore in itself.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure