IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

IE Legal Total Parking Solutions

Options

Comments

• echo6
    echo6 Posts: 39 Forumite
    edited 5 January 2018 at 7:24PM
    Options
    Perhaps I have directed my correspondence to the incorrect contact at St Mowden, in the first instance I contacted the Property Director - West & Wales who directed me to the Senior Property Manager. It is the Senior Property Manager who provided the response above.

I should add that I have already written to Director of Estates & Facilities Management at Swansea Bay University Site. I am aware the individual is moving on and I have yet to receive a response.

Additionally my son has written to TPS requesting all information pertaining to him and his vehicle under the Data Protection Act.
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    For a rough idea ( complete with typos, poor grimmer etc) do not use this 'as is'

Dear property manager, thank you for your reply.
    I am sure you are aware that the Private parking industry is un regulated industry, and its two main trade bodies, the British Parking Association limited, and the International Parking Community are private trade associations whose main objective is to protect its members, namely the parking company's such as TPS.

I am also sure that you do not need reminding that you are jointly and severally liable for the actions of your agents, TPS.
    I have provided details of the drivers parking arrangements and times that the so called parking charge notices were issued, and from this you should be able to see that your agents have issued these incorrectly.
    As such I have a reasonable suspicion that your agents will be in breach of their KADOE (keeper on day of event) contract with the DVLA ( who provide registered keeper data ) and as such had no just cause to access, and process personal data - a breach of the Data protection act.

I am therefore requesting that you instruct your agents to cancel pursuing this matter with immediate effect, and/or issue me a statement stating that you do not support TPS in pursuing this parking charge notice, and would prefer that this matter be closed.
    I look forward to your reply in this, love echo6 xxxx
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    please keep on with all the good help/ information that you have been receiving ....

could I please humbly ask if you would kindly consider read the link in the post below and help the cause ...........................

WHICH are asking again for consumer problems

https://whichcouk.bsd.net/page/s/which-taking-on-2018

Which are pretty good at hitting the government with
    consumer problems.
    No harm in them hearing from you, I have done it for
    the great parking scam and their dodgly solicitors

Only takes a couple of mins

this is to hopefully get 'Which' onboard to help stamp out this unregulated industry

thanks

Ralph:cool:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 6 January 2018 at 12:29AM
    Options
    You could add that TPS are being economical with the truth by hiding behind the DPA, after all, what they are refusing to show is your own data and it is for you to say who can see that.

For the avoidance of doubt, add that you DO expressly authorise the information held about you and your vehicle (e.g. photos and case notes) to be passed by TPS to the Senior Property Manager, in the interests of St Modwen actually listening to this complaint, not blindly believing their contractor's bland excuses to hide the facts.

They need to remove their rose-coloured spectacles and see this scam for what it really is, at last, and consider for a minute just how damaging such unfair business conduct and demands are on the reputation of those who make the mistake of contracting with such notorious parking firms.

And do as Ralph-y asks, please, and tell Which? about this, and ask them to seek to investigate this scam in 2018.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • echo6
    edited 7 January 2018 at 4:50PM
    Options
    Today, we received correspondence dated 3rd January from I E Legal Solicitors "PRE-ACTION PROTOCOL FOR DEBT CLAIMS" Included was the ANNEX 1 reply form and ANNEX 2 financial statement.

Redacted copies of their correspondence;
    hxxps://drive.google.com/open?id=10rX7gUD2fQjlPcHMA06dhfRGC8FL4OMr
    hxxps://drive.google.com/open?id=1AC8chM_aDLJ7tnYA9TyJiN6D3Y2mwvI9
    hxxps://drive.google.com/open?id=1NQj_dSWu8at_DyNTFRktaBOvMFFIpS7i
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 7 January 2018 at 7:23PM
    Options
    "Today, we received correspondence dated 3rd January from I E Legal Solicitors "PRE-ACTION PROTOCOL FOR DEBT CLAIMS" Included was the ANNEX 1 reply form and ANNEX 2 financial statement."

YOUR PAGES LIVE ...................................
    Redacted copies of their correspondence;
    http://drive.google.com/open?id=10rX7gUD2fQjlPcHMA06dhfRGC8FL4OMr

http://drive.google.com/open?id=1AC8chM_aDLJ7tnYA9TyJiN6D3Y2mwvI9

http://drive.google.com/open?id=1NQj_dSWu8at_DyNTFRktaBOvMFFIpS7i
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    OK, so you already know how to respond - a mix of what we've already said, plus all the other zillions of examples of replies to LBCCCs here.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • echo6
    Options
    Preparing the APPENDIX 1 response, thus far.

I dispute the debt and any contractual agreement between Total Parking Solutions Limited and myself and therefore dispute any alleged debt owed.

I am a resident student at Swansea Bay University Campus and a Parking Permit holder. The Permit being for the use of University’s Car Parks including Swansea Bay University Campus Staff Car Park. A copy of this Permit is attached. The cost of the Parking Permit is £5 covering the period of September 2017 to September 2018.

The signage at Swansea Bay University Campus Staff Car Park is inadequate, contrary to the recommendations set out by the British Parking Association's Code of Practice (paragraph 18.2) which is necessary to inform the driver the car park is managed and that there are terms and conditions for its use.

Total Parking Solutions have failed to bring notice to the driver, contrary to the recommendation set out by British Parking Associated Codes of Practice Section 19.2
    “If you want to enforce a parking charge notice under the keeper liability provisions of POFA 2012 you will need to show how you brought the requirement to pay parking charges to the attention of drivers. See paragraphs 2 (2) and (3) of Schedule 4.” The signage being inadequate for a driver to see such a notice, and the car park being poorly lit at night.

The creditor is not the landowner and suffers no loss whatsoever as a result of a vehicle parking at the location in question. TPS have failed to state their authority as “the creditor” as entitled to recover unpaid parking charges as either the Land Owner or on written authority from the Land Owner for the purpose of a “relevant contract”

TPS have failed to provide evidence that they are authorized by the Land Owner to pursue outstanding parking charges.

TPS are in breach of the recommendation set out by the British parking Associations Code of Practice Section 21.5. They have failed to adhere to the Surveillance Camera Commissioner’s Code of Practice Principle 3, “There must be as much transparency in the use of a surveillance camera system as possible, including a published contact point for access to information and complaints.” There is inadequate signage in relation to the use of ANPR and nowhere is there any publication of where information or complaints can be addressed.

The creditors claim of £110 per Parking Charge Notice is in excess of the British Parking Associations Code of Practice Section 23.b “Where a Parking Charge becomes overdue and before Court Proceedings have commenced, a reasonable sum (which covers the cost of recovering debt) may be added for the debt recovery fees. This sum must not exceed £70 unless prior approval from the BPA has been granted.”

I need more documents or information
    I need a copy of
    1) A plan showing where Signs are displayed, and when they were placed
    2) Details of the signs displayed, (size of sign, size of font, height at which displayed)
    3) Witness statements relating to each of the alleged debts
    4) All PCN notices issued by TPS
    5) ANPR operator procedures including manual ANPR quality check for each PCN raised.
    6) All photographs relied upon in respect of the issued PCNs
    7) Written authorisation of the Land Owner in accordance with the requirement set out by the British Parking Associations Code of Practice, Section 7
    8) A copy of any alleged contract with the driver
    9) What has been added to the Parking Charge, what that represents and how it has been calculated
    10) Registered keeper Data requests to DVLA in relation to the vehicle for each alleged contravention
    11) Provide a copy of the approval from British Parking Association as per Section 23.b

With regard to the Surveillance bit, whilst its an argument for dis-proportionality, not sure it makes sense as a defense..
  • echo6
    Options
    If any one is interested I have posted a video of the drive into the car park, twilight hours.

hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1wJ0ebTySOAnklGJYQls63kW6I60C1gGo/view?usp=sharing
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 January 2018 at 4:39PM
    Options
    Mr E, the images of the LBC that you have posted contain enough unredacted information to uniquely identify you and your three parking incidents to the claimant.

Have you tried posting real live links recently?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure