National Trust Loophole by joining Scotland using in England

Options

Comments

• keithdc
    keithdc Posts: 459 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Debran wrote: »
    National Trust for Scotland membership definitely includes free car parking in England and Wales.

Does it? Have you got a link?

My understanding is that E&W National Trust are now rolling out a system where you will need to scan your card to get the free car park ticket (i.e. no longer sticker based).
    If Scottish NT do get free car parking, then presumably their cards will need to have the right scan code.
  • Wayne's_Woes
    Wayne's_Woes Posts: 43 Forumite
    edited 29 August 2017 at 1:21PM
    Options
    The New Zealand Heritage option appears to be a really good one and it seems is available at a much lower cost .Examples of the cost are ;Family membership (two adults at same address, and includes school-age children if you have any) NZ $69. Individual membership is NZ$64. Joint Senior Citizen (retired person 60 years or over, plus one other person at same address) NZ$50. Looking at their website membership it is open to non residents with no restrictions. It does appear it can used under the reciprocal agreement at National Trust properties in England and Wales. Have I misread it and it seems to be too good to be true and a real good deal..(http://www.heritage.org.nz/get-involved/join-us)
  • suzy_g
    suzy_g Posts: 726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Has anyone use this loop hole yet ? I have always thought the English NT was a bit steep for me.
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The old threads are the best, every few months this crops up!
  • TwoSeniorCitizens
    Options
    Certainly for pensioners the New Zealand Heritage joint membership looks to be a significant savings and it is something we will look into but cannot find anywhere if it includes parking.The other alternative being Scottish National Trust membership which falls between the two prices and does appear to include parking.
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    NZ site specifically says "does not include parking" But people have posted on new that it does!
  • MalcolmsWit
    MalcolmsWit Posts: 31 Forumite
    edited 10 September 2017 at 11:19AM
    Options
    There is a reciprocal arrangements with 14 other National trusts countries throughout the world. Already mentioned Scotland and New Zealand both of which are open for Overseas residents to join.Others organisations include Australia, Canada, Malta, Italy, Zimbabwe, Bermuda and Barbados.. I am not sure which ones you can join as Overseas residents but all seem to be a lot cheaper than the English National Trust. If you are looking to save money then there are several options open.
  • lislou
    lislou Posts: 336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have a New Zealand card. So has my daughter. We have never been asked for a parking fee at the properties we have visited. It may be that you have to pay a fee at Nat. Trust car parks i.e. those car parks without properties attached e.g. at the coast??? I'm just guessing as never tried.
  • Money_maker
    Options
    keithdc wrote: »

My understanding is that E&W National Trust are now rolling out a system where you will need to scan your card to get the free car park ticket (i.e. no longer sticker based).
    If Scottish NT do get free car parking, then presumably their cards will need to have the right scan code.
    This does appear to be the case and we saw quite a few of these machines on our recent hols. You scan your membership card and a ticket is issued for free. Can the other cards be scanned in the same way? If not, then it may be worth reconsidering as parking charges can be pretty high.
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed. ;)

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,270 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    A great scam - if you happen to think that cheating the English National Trust out of crucially important income needed to preserve English heritage is a good idea.

At least the ways things are now structured, though, you won't be able to cheat it out of the parking fees too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure