Does placing an order in store class as an online purchase.

Comments

• And this is why we're getting the high street we're getting not to mention companies starting to charge for advice.

Yes I know it's annoying when you find the same item cheaper but in these circumstances I would let it go - trying to be clever might just bit your daughter on the bum!
  • Zandoni
    Zandoni Posts: 3,423 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    So what's the plan? Pretend they don't fit, return them for a refund and buy them again online?

If there’s more than a £10 price difference this would be my plan.
  • NCC-1707
    NCC-1707 Posts: 348 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Post
    Zandoni wrote: »
    If there’s more than a £10 price difference this would be my plan.

Did you not once say that you were an honest person?
  • Zandoni
    NCC-1707 wrote: »
    Did you not once say that you were an honest person?

I’m extremely honest but only if I’m being treated honestly.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I’m extremely honest but only if I’m being treated honestly.
    Without getting into an off-topic discussion of how shopping online is often cheaper than shopping in a physical store, why do you think the store in this scenario has acted in any way "dishonestly"?:eek:
  • Zandoni
    edited 18 June 2018 at 8:50PM
    Without getting into an off-topic discussion of how shopping online is often cheaper than shopping in a physical store, why do you think the store in this scenario has acted in any way "dishonestly"?:eek:

The non existent postage charges.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    The non existent postage charges.
    So you are saying that in addition to offering a personal measurement service, the store was somehow "dishonest" by not also absorbing the postage costs?

I remain unconvinced by your argument I'm afraid.

Unfortunately, such attitudes as yours are contributing to the steady decline of high street shops. Don't bemoan the lack of such shops in the near future...
  • Zandoni
    So you are saying that in addition to offering a personal measurement service, the store was somehow "dishonest" by not also absorbing the postage costs?

I remain unconvinced by your argument I'm afraid.

Unfortunately, such attitudes as yours are contributing to the steady decline of high street shops. Don't bemoan the lack of such shops in the near future...
    I'm not convinced by yours either, they did not need to absorb the postage cost because there wasn't any.

I agree with you about the loss of high street shops, perhaps being more upfront with their customers will encourage people to shop there.
  • Zandoni wrote: »
    I'm not convinced by yours either, they did not need to absorb the postage cost because there wasn't any.

I agree with you about the loss of high street shops, perhaps being more upfront with their customers will encourage people to shop there.

That assumes that the supplier isn't charging the shop for delivery.

Just because they don't (perhaps as a special promotion) doesn't mean they don't charge business customers delivery
  • Whether the delivery cost is stated sperately or not is not really relevant. It's the total that the OPs daughter paid that counts.

The questions I'd ask are whether the shop assistant's time and advice and the opportunity to inspect a range of styles was worth the extra money and whether you care if the shop's still there next time you want to want to buy shoes.

If the answer is no, find a pretext to reject the shoes and order them again online. With luck you might find them even cheaper as 'customer returns'.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure