Virgin Media retention deals (post your haggling successes)

Options

Comments

• Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    thor wrote: »
    It does seem to be the general feeling at the moment that VM are less invested in keeping heavy users with decent deals but what constitutes a 'heavy user'? On average I download less than 5 gigs a month which in these days of streaming, I think is not a lot. I really don't want to cancel but I might actually go through with it the next time I give them my notice and come back l2 months later as a new customer.

That's very low, I had my statement over 3 months it was 900GB
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Rev wrote: »
    I!!!8217;m a very heavy user. Apparently average 900gb a month. They called me within two days of cancellation and offered me £22 for 200mb bb.

:eek:

:( They were happy to see me go.
  • Rev
    Rev Posts: 3,150 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    cjdavies wrote: »
    :eek:

:( They were happy to see me go.

I was expecting more tbh, it's £1 cheaper than I was paying last year. And the discount is for 18 months.
    Sigless
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 18 June 2018 at 3:41PM
    Options
    My !!!8216;value statement!!!8217; (had never received one before this) said I!!!8217;d used 55GB Dec 17 - Feb 18.

I!!!8217;ve been doing the cancelling game for about 6-7 years now and always had a call from outbound retentions within a few days. Hopefully it continues!
  • t1redmonkey
    t1redmonkey Posts: 788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    carlosftw wrote: »
    Been on Vivid 100 (£32pm). Contract coming to an end soon.

Called and got through to cancellations. Offered the same package for another 12 months for £35. I pointed out that new customers can get it for £29, and that I would be happy paying £32 but only if I could have more channels (mix bundle would've been nice).

They wouldn't budge. Have opted to 'think about it' but now wondering whether I should have just cancelled? The guy did say that if I cancelled now, I couldn't get this £35 offer again (which I think is a load of rubbish).

Thoughts people?

I got told the same when I phoned in February to cancel during my initial conversation with them. Then I said I'd cancel anyway, and proceeded to contact Vodafone to arrange a contract with them.

Then I got called back by Virgin a few days later to offer me a beter deal. I ended up accepting a £28/month offer from them, and they also gave me 2 months free I believe so worked out at something like just under £24/month for the next 12 months.
  • sionyboy
    sionyboy Posts: 33 Forumite
    edited 22 June 2018 at 11:06AM
    Options
    I want the Full House package for <£50 a month (currently available to new customers for £55). Is it feasible to expect retentions to offer deals that are better than what new customers would get?

Started the cancellation merry-go-round yesterday, so hoping to get a call in the next few days, with a better deal than what the cancellations team offered me (Full House for £65 a month).

(Currently on the Mix TV / 100MB / Weekend Evening Calls package for £52.50 a month, loyalty discounts expired)
  • Rachel_123
    Rachel_123 Posts: 173 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Phoned again today and have settled on:
    Full house tv and sky sports
    100mb broadband
    No idea what phone package

For £73 a month and £50 credit off next bill.

We are heavy broadband users so reasonably happy with this.
  • DonnySaver
    DonnySaver Posts: 562 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I just called VM and chose the "thinking of leaving us" option.
    I'm on 100Mbps fibre and pay £36.47/month at the moment.
    The advisor offered to bring it down to £36 (gee thanks) for 100Mb or £35/month for 50Mb (gee thanks again).
    Said I wasn't interested and then they offered £50 credit - I refused that too. Told them I was going to PlusNet for £24.99 a month.
    They accepted my 30 days notice there and then.

Going to put order into PlusNet now ( see what VM do after that) ?
  • Rachel_123
    Rachel_123 Posts: 173 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Rachel_123 wrote: »
    Phoned again today and have settled on:
    Full house tv and sky sports
    100mb broadband
    No idea what phone package

For £73 a month and £50 credit off next bill.

We are heavy broadband users so reasonably happy with this.

The saga continues :(

Contract has arrived via email, the monthly amount is higher than agreed, and the discount is only for 9 months, I presumed it was for 12.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Rachel_123 wrote: »
    the discount is only for 9 months, I presumed it was for 12.
    Never "presume" anything. Get it in writing exactly what is offered and over what timescale BEFORE you agree to the offer.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback