Saving for my first bricks and mortar...

Comments

• Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Ambassador
    Kittikins wrote: »
    Ooooh, an allotment, what are you growing? KW and I have one (well, he does it all as it's in his town, miles away from me, but we like to call it our allotment) and it's our first year doing it. Our radishes were woody and yuk :( but looks like we'll have lots of yummy strawberries soon!

Keep picking up the pavement cash, I call them Reverbe's after a poster on here, who always seemed to find lots of coins. (Haven't seen her around for a long time, but she'll always be in my mind when I see a penny or more on the floor!) :)

I'm a bit of a waffler I know....my diary may take a while to digest, lol

We have two allotments between us, both on different sites for the time being but if our council ever pull their fingers out, both plots will be on the same site :)

We are growing hens and a single frog :rotfl: also growing the usual potatoes, courgettes, carrots, sprouts, onions, garlic, beetroot, spinach, rhubarb trees (a seven year old can get swallowed up by it :rotfl:), strawberries, raspberries, gooseberries, red and black currants and a grape vine :D Hopefully if I get the second plot on the same site that will be ready for autumn planting for brassicas. Not got as many strawberries this year as we did the previous two, so no jam for me this year. We are still eating last years strawberry jam :j Also growing tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce and chillies in the garden/greenhouse. Lucky enough to have two greenhouses in my garden so its always really busy there too!

I love finding cash on the street. I found my first ever plastic fiver in the gutter. I kept it in a pot and now its in my house fund pot :D
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Ambassador
    I've spent all of 27p today. Then I found 26p under the printer on my new desk at work so almost bingo :rotfl:
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Wow! Great going Dizzy :)
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Ambassador
    I've ended this week with £1.75 in my purse....

But...

£1.50 went on a bar of chocolate that gave me £2 back on Clicksnap :D

Couple of £2 coins gone in the pot for this month

£1.10 last night on reduced melons for my chickens and doughnuts for the grown ups :rotfl:

Could do better! But could have been worse too :rotfl: weekly shop to be done later so will know what the coming weeks totals are

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610
    Forumite
    Your chickens eat melon! omg. How upmarket are they? Well done on saving something. I haven't even left the house yet.

It's v windy here but no rain.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Ambassador
    Your chickens eat melon! omg. How upmarket are they? Well done on saving something. I haven't even left the house yet.

It's v windy here but no rain.

They only ever get yellow sticker fruit that I haven't grown :money: they love fruity treats :rotfl:

I'm mid house clean at the mo, just finished cleaning the tiles in the loo room from top to bottom. Bathroom next. I hate that job with a passion so it doesn't get done very often :o

We have that silly fine rain that doesn't get anything wet except your hair :rotfl:

• Dizzy_Ditzy
    Ambassador
    This weeks totals were £17 on shopping but this included 2 x 3 litre bottles of diet coke. They cost £4 and I can get 6 x 500ml bottles from each one. Previously I was spending £6 a week so there isn't a huge saving there but a saving is a saving and I'm not giving up my daily fix :rotfl:

£15 in my purse for this week :) this weekend I have a work party which will cost me £0.00 followed by drinks at the besties, which again won't cost me anything :)

I did spend a tenner on Father's Day. Although I'd already bought and given him his present, I couldn't rock up today with nothing, so a bottle of wine, a couple of packs of biscuits and a bag of sweets and I have a happy daddio. I chucked in a box of Green & Blacks chocolates that I had hanging around the house :cool:

• savingwannabe
    Forumite
    Well done. You will inspire me to save money tomorrow. Im going to try to stick to under £20 a week on supermarket shop.
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Ambassador
    Well done. You will inspire me to save money tomorrow. Im going to try to stick to under £20 a week on supermarket shop.

The best thing I can advise is to make a list of what you already have in your freezer and build your shop around that - using the store cupboard essentials that you hopefully already have. Tonight I am making chicken curry and saag aloo with homegrown spinach and potatoes :j

I am rather fussy about teabags and only like to drink one particular type. Of course, they are the "expensive" ones :rotfl: Even on offer, the cheapest I could find them yesterday was £3. B&M do the exact same teabags for £1.99. Again, not the biggest saving but it'll do for me :D

Come back and let us know how you get on :)

• savingwannabe
    Forumite
    I can safely say that it was not a low spend! Blood sugars have been crackers for the past 24 hours so due to exhaustion, I ended up going and coming from the supermarket in a taxi - £9 for transport and then the food cost £26. Plenty were whoopsies but loads of healthy fruit and stuff. I hope it lasts for a while. :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport