Looking for a good Fitness Tracker

Options

Comments

• matrix11001
    matrix11001 Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I also do body pump classes, and I just can't see how a fitness tracker could be anywhere close to being accurate, because so much would depend upon the weights that you use. Your pump classes are probably similar to mine, in that, there is quite a range of different weights used by everyone for the same exercises. I also do weight training, hiking and cycling. I did try body combat which I thought was a very good calorie burner, but unfortunately it aggravated my running injury. I've just recently exceeded my target, I have lost over 11 kg in 7 months.

I can see your point there, but you can at least get a rough idea of what your burning which is probably all anyone needs.

Well done on the weight loss - that's excellent!
  • wishus
    wishus Posts: 1,192 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I love my Fitbit Alta. My OH has the HR version. I track swimming, but can't go swimming with it.
    Back in debt again, but for a good cause. £17K to go

April Grocery Challenge: £228.36/200

Decluttering 856/2024 Awards 🥇
    (22/04/24)
  • London_baby
    London_baby Posts: 436 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have a xiaomi mi 2 band for £15. Very pleased with it. It's waterproof, can receive call and text notification, calorie burner, step counts and sleep monitoring. Have never had a fitbit so can't compare but other consumer website reviews have all questioned why people pay more.

I would suggest getting a leather strap watch type replacement with a back clamp as the plastic one supplied wears away after awhile. I've nearly lost mine a few times because of this.
  • matrix11001
    Options
    I've bought the Fitbit Blaze, which overall is exactly what I needed. Managed to get one second hand for £80, so bargain. It can measure calories burned in Body Combat classes (used workout option) and it appears Body Pump (there's a weights option) which I haven't tested yet. The pedometer is pretty accurate. This one was recommended by my Body Combat instructor. Unfortunately I wear gloves for Body Combat (it helps with a bit more weight on your hand to get more impact) so I might not be able to wear it much as it's a bit uncomfortable. But overall a great fitness wearable. I'm certainly very pleased with it, as it has a heart monitor too and can be paired up with GPS for running/cycling (which some people may find useful).
  • matrix11001
    Options
    The FitBit Blaze is pretty good and accurate

I ended getting that one sunshinegirl100 - was very pleased with it!
  • davidgreams
    Options
    I started riding in June and bought a Garmin Vivoactive 3 to keep up with my HR and map my rides. It has been perfectly fine for me and the level of un-seriousness with which I perform.

I received a 520 with sensors and an hr strap for Christmas and so far they’ve been great too.

I see a lot of people say their watches hr function isn’t great but I’d have to say mine pretty well lines up with what my chest strap says. Though I do tend to wear my watch pretty tight, and most people probably don’t feel comfortable with that.
  • gfplux
    gfplux Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I read this thread last year when I was looking at fitness trackers without the intention to buy one.Well now I am much more serious about it and have narrowed down what I want in a wrist fitness tracker.

1) Step Counter
    2) GPS
    3) Waterproof for swimming and aqua gym
    4) Heart rate monitor without a chest strap
    5) Not have a round face like a watch, telling the time is ok
    6) sleep Monitor
    7) NOT light up at night when I turn over in bed
    8) Prepared to pay over £200 if needed to get what I want.
    9) Not a deal breaker but 7 days or longer battery charge

Has anyone got any personal recommendations
    Thank you.
    There will be no Brexit dividend for Britain.
  • mandleberry
    Options
    I have been gifted a second hand Teminice high end fitness tracker, but there are no instructions with it and a search of the net hasn't helped. Just wondering on the offchance whether anyone has one and would be prepared to help me with this please? Thanks!
  • gfplux
    gfplux Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I have had a Fitbit charge 3 for 8 months. It works well measuring steps and my heart rate. The app is easy to use and gives me a lot of information.
    My only disappointment is sleep measurement. It just does not work. Perhaps I am a restless sleeper (something it should measure) but after 7/8 hours sleep it says I have slept for two hours!!
    There will be no Brexit dividend for Britain.
  • Svelle
    Options
    Garmin is definitely my personal choice. A bit pricey, but worth it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure