Credit reports...

Hello. I know about the three credit report companies noddle, clearscore and mse credit club but are there many others that use callcredit, equifax or experian?

Ive heard of one called totallymoney but unsure who they use and if they are better than noddle, clearscore or mse credit club?

Also does the free ones show everything or would it be better to go straight to equifax, experian and call credit to ensure accurate data?

Sorry so many questions...
When life throws you a curveball, learn to catch it and throw it back! Feb Grocery Challenge/£100

Comments

• The three free versions are all you need.

Totallymoney is just another version of CallCredit.
  • LLM2018
    LLM2018 Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Uniform Washer
    Is it better than noddle or the same in terms of set up, information etc?
    When life throws you a curveball, learn to catch it and throw it back! Feb Grocery Challenge/£100
  • One is not better than the other.

There are 3 CRA's - CallCredit (Noddle, TotallyMoney, GiffGaff), Equifax (Clearscore) and Experian (MSE Credit Club).

Noddle, TM and GG will show the same data as they pull it directly from Equifax.

They might all have different data on them depending which creditors etc. report to them - it's best to have and check all 3 for a clear picture.

As with all of them, ignore the score as it's meaningless and amounts to nothing
  • LLM2018
    I know about the score being meaningless.

I gave all three but clearscore is a nightmare. None of my data is correct, no bank accounts, credit cards only closed ones, even my name and address are wrong. Old name and old address I updated all banks etc 2 years ago. I'm thinking of getting a £2 report from Equifax just to make sure my details are correct before thinking clearscore is useless lol.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    GiffGaff also provide a report of Callcredit data like Totally Money and Noddle but it updates every time you log in. Noddle and Totally Money only update once a month.

I have Equifax Protect which is provided free of charge to anyone whose data was compromised in last year's cyber attack. This can be updated every day if required and when I compare the results with Clearscore (when that has done its monthly update) the data is the same.

My conclusion is if Clearscore has errors then Equifax will have the same errors. Fortunately my report has no errors in any of the guises I have viewed.
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Raise this with Clearscore as a dispute in their help section.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • I have the same problem but it's my Callcredit file that is all wrong. I signed up to a Trust Deed in 2012 yet have defaults up til 2017. Also some of those TTI SPC companies are on my account from last year showing Defaults ?!
    I'm having a nightmare trying to get to the bottom of it as everyone is blaming everyone else and Callcredit said they will get back to me in 28 days. Its sickening as my Trust Deed will drop off in July yet I'm still stuck with bloody defaults and unsettled all over my Callcredit but not the others!!
    Have you had any luck getting to the bottom of it?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    LLM2018 wrote: »
    I know about the score being meaningless.

I gave all three but clearscore is a nightmare. None of my data is correct, no bank accounts, credit cards only closed ones, even my name and address are wrong. Old name and old address I updated all banks etc 2 years ago. I'm thinking of getting a £2 report from Equifax just to make sure my details are correct before thinking clearscore is useless lol.

Get the report and see what its like then file a comllaint with Eqifax, not all lenders report to all 3 agencies. Im surprised theres not 1 bank account or credit card on clearscore.
  • LLM2018
    Absolutely ridiculous company Equifax!!! Had to ring them, guy on the phone couldn't understand me at all. Wanted me to send a copy of my ID and address (bank statement) via their website but I couldn't because I previously had an account with them years ago and had to verify the email address with it so had to set up an account with a different email address to send documents. Ridiculous faff just to get my report for £2!! Stupid! Money making rubbish to buy our own data! Before anyone comments that I can use FREE ones, I have to do this because CLEARSCORE had all my info wrong but both MSE credit club and Noddle were fine. All info as it should be.

So annoyed.
  • LLM2018 wrote: »
    Absolutely ridiculous company Equifax!!! Had to ring them, guy on the phone couldn't understand me at all. Wanted me to send a copy of my ID and address (bank statement) via their website but I couldn't because I previously had an account with them years ago and had to verify the email address with it so had to set up an account with a different email address to send documents. Ridiculous faff just to get my report for £2!! Stupid! Money making rubbish to buy our own data! Before anyone comments that I can use FREE ones, I have to do this because CLEARSCORE had all my info wrong but both MSE credit club and Noddle were fine. All info as it should be.

So annoyed.

Clearscore pull all their data from Equifax... so it should be the same from either source
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure