Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    tiha wrote: »
    Good afternoon to all, can I politely ask what is the best way to use 3 out of 30£spent in sainsbury? I find S quite expensive and I don't normally shop there but I was wondering is there a way to maximise this value? Thank you in advance

Just buy basics that you use, their budget range is good, you can always add clothing that doesn't fit to take you over the spend? ;)

Afternoon peeps.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 January 2018 at 7:37PM
    Options
    Good morning. It's the eat smart baked beans and soups. With each tin you get 300,points.
    The small tins cost 25p, large tins are 32p and the soup is 45p there is also evaporated milk which is 60p.
    You are limited to 20 promotional items I think per day oh and they're from Morries.
    Hth.

It’s 20 per day ...? I just bought 60 cans in three transactions and the bonus showed on each receipt. I think it must be limited to 20 promo items per transaction (I hope that is the case, given I purchased “a few” :D). Large cans at 2p net (32p, 300 points) are good value too :D. Thank you to the OP.

I decided to go all in as I will not be able to pop in each day and they won’t necessarily have stock - so I can still rinse and repeat when the vouchers come through.

I am disappointed in myself though - the next till along had a £5 voucher sticking out of the printer and I didn’t notice until the CS asked the next customer who arrived if it was hers :(. As she said no (numpty!), he took it and tore it up :eek:. I could easily have gone to that till if I had spotted it. Lesson learnt - check the printer (and check when you pay too, in case yours are triggered!!).

HTH

Anon
  • Anon
    Options
    gocat wrote: »
    Aaw not your fault. I looked at the link before I went to buy and it said got nfc. Yet fuzgun has posted one that she knows has nfc and argos dont mention it. I've live chatted them and they said will sort it out on the website. Will take phone back to argoos tomorrow.
    Curiosity got the better of me and wanted to have a go at AP :rotfl:

Probably mentioned, but take a copy of what is there now in case they change it before you return the phone. Also see if you can activate a new game/account on it before returning it - it may not work, but as some people have got the game to appear again on the same device, there is no harm in trying before returning it as you are factory resetting anyway :D. The website says the phone comes with 2 free covers too by registering from the link on their website with the phone IMEI ... #justsaying ;).

Anon
  • Anon
    Options
    Evening

Don’t forget with morries there is a £100 cap per month for points x

Back to the grind stone for me tomorrow so might be lurking for a bit :cool:

Thank you - so with the limit that is 16 transactions of 20 cans of beans at 25p, plus a few more :D?

Anon
  • izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 8 January 2018 at 10:03PM
    Options
    Looking at 3 for 2s in a different Asda this morning, it's bizarre how the stores don't all have the offers marked up.

Took quite a few pics to check later.

Noticed the Nivea lip balms on 3 for 2 again, loads of the Simple stuff in this store, whereas the one Saturday only had 4 items with 3 for 2 SELs displayed.

UNTESTED
    The Nice-n-Easy hair colourants were marked up 3 for 2.
    £5.98 in Asda, £4.50 in Sainsbobs, 2 for £9.00 in Tesco and 2 for £9.00 in Morries.

Should compare at £2.06 each but I still have loads from last time.

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/Shopping/FindProducts.aspx?Query=nice%20n%20easy

UNTESTED
    Be nice if the Morries comparison was picked up on these Simple wipes.

3 for 2 Simple Regeneration Age Resisting Cleansing Wipes.
    Asda £4.35, Morries £2.00, Tesco £2.66.
    Should work out at 35p each against Morries.
    If Tesco, 94p.

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/Shopping/FindProducts.aspx?Query=simple%20wipes

• xxlouisexx56
    xxlouisexx56 Posts: 2,267 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    12 items (10 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Sainsbury's
    1x ASDA 1% Fat Milk (4pt) £1.09 £1.10
    1x Walkers Baked Chicken & Thyme Snacks (6x25g) £1.50 £1.00
    1x Walkers Baked Variety Crisps (6x25g) £1.50 £1.00
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Toffee Yogurt (1x175g) £0.68 £0.50
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Cherry Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.50
    2x Muller Light Fat Free Orange with Dark Chocolate Yogurt (165g) £1.36 £1.00
    2x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt (175g) £1.36 £1.00
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla & Dark Chocolate Yogurt (165g) £0.68 £0.50
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Strawberry Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.50
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Coconut with Lime Yoghurt (175g) £0.68 N/A
    1x Muller Corner Vanilla Yogurt with Chocolate Balls (135g) £0.68 £0.50
    1x Muller Light Kiwi & Pineapple Fat Free Yogurt (175g) £0.68 N/A
    Comparison total (compared products only) £10.21 £7.60
    +£2.61 cheaper

Hi everyone!

Muller shop done with Easter egg trigger

Crisps still glitching with tomato ketchup trigger :)
  • pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    I am really sorry for any inconvenience and hassle :o. I went by the description on the Argos website which explicitly said this model does have NFC (I did not mention those that did not mention NFC explicitly - it took ages as there isn’t an easy way to search models with this feature!). Has the activated account got the game showing? If yes, at least you have that ready for getting a phone with NFC.

Yes you should be able to return this to store as it does not have the feature you bought it for which is explicitly mentioned on their site as included in the specification.

I am really sorry to have misled anyone - the U5 4g did say NFC is on this phone :(.

Anon

Thanks Anon but, like everything on here, info is provided in good faith and we shop at own risk. :)

Good evening Elite.
    Hoping everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those in need.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    Probably mentioned, but take a copy of what is there now in case they change it before you return the phone. Also see if you can activate a new game/account on it before returning it - it may not work, but as some people have got the game to appear again on the same device, there is no harm in trying before returning it as you are factory resetting anyway :D. The website says the phone comes with 2 free covers too by registering from the link on their website with the phone IMEI ... #justsaying ;).

Anon
    No point activating a new game/account on it as havent got a ncf phone to transfer it too. But my sister has. Would it work with hers even though she is 20 miles away lol. Also how do you do it.
    tia :)
  • Wheres_My_Cashback
    Options
    Do you have a fishy p ussy ? ;):D

A v T

1x Felix As Good As It Looks Ocean Feasts Pouches in Jelly (40x100) £10.00 £10.00
  • xxlouisexx56
    xxlouisexx56 Posts: 2,267 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I also have a 'few' tins of beans :D

It's the only supermarket I can walk to so can pop in everyday
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills