Nest pension reclaim

Hello, sorry if i posted it in the wrong thread, i am very new on forum and i still learn things. I have a problem, i started working in december 2017 for evolve hospitality in london, which is an hospotality agency. They registered me for nest pension and started taking money out of my payments without any of my knowledge. However, i received the welcoms letters from nest so i can login on the site,but they didn t registered me with my national insurance no because they didn t had it. So i called nest and had to wait for a long time so they can log me in, and my opt out period passed. So now i am stuck with them and cant take my money out. Anyone knows any solution? I just want my money in my bank acc, not to other pension scheme. Thank you

Comments

• Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    What do you intend to live on when you retire?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,351 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hello, sorry if i posted it in the wrong thread

Pensions section would have been better.
    hey registered me for nest pension and started taking money out of my payments without any of my knowledge.

It cant be without your knowledge. You get welcome letters etc.
    So now i am stuck with them and cant take my money out. Anyone knows any solution?

Its usually foolish to opt out as you give up the free money from the employer. No alternative beats free money.
    just want my money in my bank acc, not to other pension scheme.

You cant get the money back that is in the pension already. You can opt out still but you shouldnt as its a no brainer to be in the scheme.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Thing is i am gonna retire in my own country as i am not british and don't intend to stay here for a long period. Second thing is that they takr the money out of my payment, they charge it from every payslip of mine, so i do not consider it free money. And yes they didn t consulted me first, they registered me and i received letters after 2 months. But they kept taking money out of my payment. So i do not know how this pension thing actually works, but that s how it happened to me...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Sotaierdna wrote: »
    they charge it from every payslip of mine, so i do not consider it free money.
    The "free" money is the additional amount your employer contributes.

You still have the ability to opt out, but if you continue paying while here in the UK you will of course have an additional pension when you retire to abroad.
  • But my question is, is there any pension scheme in which i can transfer my money, and then take it out straight away?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,351 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Sotaierdna wrote: »
    But my question is, is there any pension scheme in which i can transfer my money, and then take it out straight away?

Not unless you are aged over 55
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure