Get a grip !

Options

Comments

• E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 December 2017 at 9:08AM
    Options
    You were right SW there was no frost this morning ! But it was chilly brrr ! Heating was on for 15 minutes whilst getting ready for work. Its lovely and sunny out now but I just got back from walking the puppy and there is a definite nip in the air. It looks like summer but it aint ! Just about to have the last portion of slow cooker stew from the freezer for lunch.

My rewards were paid into my old account yesterday so I transferred £50 into the xmas account. My old current account shows zero online today so I will check my new account and make sure the money is there.

I have had a welcome email from EON so the gas and electric transfer has been agreed :j

Morning Skint yet Again,

Super :T and a warm welcome from me.

Hiya savingwannabe, I'm always here if anyone needs me :D

Have a good week all.

Helena :)
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Thanks Helena

I've had another email and have now activated my online account and the transfer should go through on 6 December so all is going well :)

Yesterday I went to aldi and when I got to the till I realised I had over £30 of shopping and couldn't remember my pin for my new credit card or my new Halifax card :eek: Thankfully I still had my old credit card so I paid with that and now I will need to transfer £54 from my Halifax current account to pay it off. I am glad I kept the old card "in case of emergencies" lol. Could have been very embarrassing ! I have now memorised the Halifax pin, but I cant find the new credit card pin ... will have to sort out the pile of paperwork in the living room !

Yesterday we booked puppy into vets to be spayed (neutered) on 1 December. She will be 6 months old ! Where has the time gone ... she was 8 weeks old when we got her. Its a day operation and she should be home late afternoon if all goes well with the anaesthetic. I have booked the day off work as I don't think I would be able to concentrate.
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Car passed its mot today :j The price was included in my service plan which I pay monthly £28. They also provided a free taxi home for me when I dropped the car off on my way home from work and I got a lift back to garage from DS to collect after it was finished. "Free" wash and valet too !

We have moved the furniture around in the kitchen/diner/puppy room and moved the tv up onto the kitchen worktop from a low side table so we can watch it when we sit on the puppy sofa. DF kindly sent me an aerial extension lead he had so no extra cost. Puppy likes watching pointless :D
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hooray on passing the MOT, I'm glad that puppy is watching some telly. :rotfl::rotfl:
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    Options
    That's so sweet about the puppy and Pointless, I'll have to tell one of my BFFs who worked on the show :)

Hooray for MOT passing!
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Good Morning :) Bright day, blue sky and sunshine but boy is it cold !! Had doc appointment this morning at 7.45 had to de-ice the car brrrr. He has doubled my medication to try and bring my condition under control and diagnosed eustachian tube dysfunction too, another one to add to the list lol. Have been suffering with ears popping, pain & deafness for weeks and its all linked to the other problem so no treatment as such as it should clear up once the other problem does !

Have just got back from puppy walk. Training disks recommended by puppy class trainers were ordered from amaxon & arrived yesterday £10 and they are working really well.

Did a shop in morresons yesterday for milk & bread & a few bits and bobs for over the weekend. We avoided takeaway last night and had beef madras with a jar from aldee and nan breads. Tonight is enchiladas with a box on offer £2 bought a few weeks ago in co-op & roast chicken for tomorrow with chicken bought in aldee at beginning of the week. Am trying not to buy any more food before payday apart from maybe milk & salad.

One load of washing just finishing and will try and get another done too. If you are sheltered in the sun outside its quite warm now.

Living off savings diary
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Gosh that was an early dr's appointment, I'm so sorry that your hearing is still being affected. I hope the stronger medication works.

Well done on lovely food and on no takeaways. I'm going to try to be good as I am running out of cash.

Guess who used the dryer yesterday? I can't believe how great it looks outside bright and chilly but stunning. Have a good day.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    I haven't really used the dryer much but I did have the heating on a lot yesterday, it was so cold and I could not get warm. Today has been a bit warmer so the heating has been off all day. I got 2 loads of washing done and mostly dried, just the jeans and DS's jogging bottoms finishing on airers.

Have been looking through my budget and from next month Virgin media, mortgage and gas/electric are all going up. Only a few pounds each but it all adds up. I have calculated I should have £285 left in my bank account by payday, of which £125 was money from the Halifax for switching my current account. I will keep £40 to get my hair done and the rest £245 will be paid off the 0% credit card.

Today I have done some sewing and fixed another of my bras where the underwire was poking through. I am going to have to invest in some new ones soon as I have lost so much weight. I already replaced my pants as the old ones kept falling down :rotfl:

Living off savings diary
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    Fantastic news that you have money left over and can use it towards the credit card. It's great that you are losing so much weight. I am putting it on. We should just swap clothes it will be cheaper. lol.:rotfl:
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Went to puppy class last night spent £13 on an antler for puppy to chew. She has bitten a hole in her bed and just about every "indestructable" toy we have bought her. :(

My share of profits arrived from coop and I have earned a £5 off voucher from using my membership card. I will probably use it on stocking filler chocolates for DS.

We are home for Xmas this year DS is working Xmas eve and New Year's Eve. He did Xmas day and New Year's Day last year. I will be doing a dinner so will need to start thinking about food.

Living off savings diary
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback