MSE Poll: When did you last use your bank branch?

Poll started 15 October 2019
Whether it’s down to customer behaviour, cost-cutting or both, banks are closing branches left, right and centre – in fact, 100s of branches have been shutting their doors every year.

So when did you last use your main bank’s branch?
Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below.

If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.

Thanks! :)

Comments

• The vote is missing an important option. 'I've never used my banks branch'. I have a branch within a 5 min walk of work but I've never been inside, I run it completely from its website.
    203846930 Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    At least once a month but sometimes more than that, it's the only place to get £5 notes and thus having a pocket full of coins.
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Branch! I don't even use ATM's now!
  • You don’t have the option I need

My local branches are all closed so I can’t visit them. I
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,526 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    About 3 weeks ago.

I found a travellers cheque at the back of a drawer and went to pay it into my account. Then I watched with amusement as the counter clerk had clearly never seen one before and had to ask her supervisor what to do with it. To be fair, the cheque was only a few years younger than she was...

Cashed OK though. Thank you TSB Archway (North London) branch.
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • I don't do online banking...neither does my OAP Mum.

I visit our local branch at least once a month...I use the machine in-bank to pay my credit card bill(in full, each month) and also get some cash...sometimes I also use the big coin machine to pay in the contents of my piggy-bank.
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    I have a savings account with a BS which doesn't make same day faster payments. I go to my local bank, take money from the BS account using a cash card, and immediately pay it into my current account using an ATM.

Thats a one off though. Most of my banking is on line.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I don't do online banking...neither does my OAP Mum.

I visit our local branch at least once a month...I use the machine in-bank to pay my credit card bill(in full, each month) and also get some cash...sometimes I also use the big coin machine to pay in the contents of my piggy-bank.

Neither do we or our 23 year old daughter.

She visits her branch in her lunch hour.

She has experienced friends having problems with online banking so prefers the personal touch in branch.

Our son does do online banking and has twice had to argue about transactions he did not make on his account and had to threaten to remove all his accounts and mortgage from them if they did not credit his account back.
  • SBTaxi
    SBTaxi Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Wish I could visit my local branch, as has been mentioned earlier, mine has been closed.
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Any branch of my bank? Four years ago ... then they closed it. I now use the Post Office instead.

My branch of my bank? Over twenty years ago. I moved away but never changed branch!
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport