NST September - A Simple September

Options
1303132333436»

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thank you all for joining me in September.

It rained all day yesterday, went to Ikea and bought two new lampshades. I was going to look for some fabric to recover the existing ones but they are the type with a fabric bonded onto plastic and they were pretty old and the plastic cracked when I touched it so I think it would have cracked really badly if I tried to recover. The new ones were £3 each.

Made a massive chilli for tea today, one portion in the fridge to have with jacket potatoes later in the week and another portion in the freezer. Picked some apples and stewed them this afternoon, one tub in the fridge to go in porridge and one tub in the freezer.

Cycled this morning. Also drove my car into the hole made by a burst water main, car seems OK but it was a horrible noise, road was flooded and some idiot woman was racing towards me on the bend and totally covered my car in water and I just couldn't see where I was going.

Bought a vintage skirt at the weekend for £2.49 which DD has decided she wants so I have had to make an alteration to the waist on that, it looks really good on her though.

See you all in October.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well, where has September gone? I am finishing on 11 NSDs, which I am reasonably happy with. I have had a few biggish expenses this month (new vacuum cleaner, new bedding, short trip away camping), though food etc shopping spends have been quite low.
    Looking forward to 'seeing' everyone in October :)
    Thanks for running the challenge Dolly :)
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Thanks so much for September dolly. It's been exactly what I needed.
    I sneaked a nsd today which has taken me to a fairly decent 16 for the month. Still need to up my game in October though
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thank you so much for September dolly. I didn't do too badly in the end but there was lots more I could have done (wanted to but my body kept going on strike).

Took mum to her physio appointment today and we don't have to go again. Went round the corner to our doctor's surgery and put in orders for two lots of meds and booked us in for flu jabs next week. I also took a note to the SWMS people, explaining why I had cancelled tomorrow's appointment - you know you are doing too much when cancelling one appointment / meeting makes you feel like you have just got out of jail.

Back at mum's I did more sewing (nearly there now), fed us both (I had taken baked potatoes) and unpacked the new curtains, pole, linings and hooks. Have threaded the curtains onto poles but need to change the brackets before they can go up.

Today I am grateful for my diary (have mum's medical history jotted down on one small page), for pleasant and helpful NHS staff and a lovely simple meal - baked potatoes and beans.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • shabbychic12
    Options
    Thank you for running my best month yet. Xx
    Count down to retirement 2023
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all:j

Many thanks to dolly for running the thread this month, I haven't been great at NSDs but finished with another one today - 14/15 so quite pleased with that.

All food from stores today, will be shopping tomorrow but just for a few bits.

Did some more in the room of doom today, also quickly cut the grass as rain forecast - and it started as I mowed - and bad weather for the rest of the week.

Out for DHs birthday meal tomorrow so no cooking, good as it's my day for the CS stint.

Popping in to say hi : Hello turtles!!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,876 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Thank you for running September dolly.
    See you in October.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thank you for running September Dolly.

Have sort of behaved spending wise. Just found it impossible to get NSD into double figures this month, but did have 2 city trips. October quieter month.

Thanks again you're a star
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure