PC Gaming VS Console Gaming - What's your opinion

Comments

• rybennet
    rybennet Posts: 10 Forumite
    I would always choose a console over a gaming PC.
  • stphnstevey
    stphnstevey Posts: 3,224
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    What about the new streaming services coming from the likes of say Google? Doesn't this make the argument for console or PC mute?
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I've never been as undecided for quite a number now of years.
    New Ryzens+GPU's
    Even Nvidia announcing what could be affordable 1650's
    And I can only decide if I go p.c. 2019 or one or two new consoles 2020.
    Honestly think Microsoft console could be fun next year.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -67-131 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500.
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    What about the new streaming services coming from the likes of say Google? Doesn't this make the argument for console or PC mute?

Not necessarily
    I know the Microsoft one supports their new console rather than threaten it.
    Both streaming service look interesting though.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -67-131 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500.
  • I prefer gba classic DIGI RETROBOY console games
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,452
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    EllyKing wrote: »
    I prefer gba classic DIGI RETROBOY console games

I had a quick look around there and Amazon seems to be the only outlet @ £79.99 which seems pricey.

Have you any recommendations as to where to get it cheaper?
  • I would say PC gaming as I feel more comfortable in it. I have PS4 but I still don't remember when I last played it. lol
  • mrgrtt123
    mrgrtt123 Posts: 12 Forumite
    I have bought but I prefer playing using my personal computer.
  • You have made a valid point regarding the mouse and graphics. Thing is there is a niche for both the gaming methods. If you consider 90s games, the only charm was the PC games which brought life in gamers. No matter what chair you had, uncomfortable or not you'd sit there for hours without blinking your eye. Your mouse would die in some time and your control over the keyboard and mouse was phenomenal.

Now if you look back, gaming consoles have taken over and its staying for a while. I prefer PC gaming because I feel more dominating on it.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,452
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 26 August 2019 at 11:37AM
    dan958 wrote: »
    Backwards compatability has always been a massive complaint for people when it comes to consoles. If this is the first time you have heard about it, you are living under a rock.

A great example of this is that they have just announced they are working on Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2. I felt like playing the original again, a game from 2004. I was able to quickly install and play this. Whereas on consoles (I know that this game is not out on console, it is just an example) you have to either keep all your old consoles, or you just have to hope that the game you want to play has been made backwards compatible on a new console, or re-released.

I enjoy playing older video games, so this is a big plus for me. If you only play things from the latest generation then I can see why you wouldn't care about this feature - but this thread is asking for my opinion on PC vs console.

As a 50 year old whos being using computers and consoles for 37 years now, clearly not the first i've heard of it, but i dont see it particularly as an issue - certainly not a deal breaker for most people. Certainly not a "massive complaint" by console owners. A criticism thrown about by PC gamers, possibly, but not a massive complaint, and not insurmountable anyway.

If there are particular games that someone simply must play off a previous gen console, simply keep the old console as they usually close to worthless.

For example we enjoy playing the odd game on the Wii. Raving Rabbids for example. £20 buys a Wii console on CEX with a warranty, if we so desire. Hardly going to break the bank.

The bottom line is however, there is no one size fits all answer. Some people prefer consoles, some people prefer PC gaming.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure