NatWest £125 switch incentive

Comments

• Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,513
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    zerog wrote: »

Account was opened entirely online in 15 minutes entering another debit card and my driving licence numbers for ID, no docs uploading required.
    Red carpet treatment for you then!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks
    -Stash busting: 337 in 2022
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 24 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 58 £61 spent!!! already
  • bioboybill
    bioboybill Posts: 3,412
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 1 February 2018 at 9:25PM
    Well, I'd been putting this off because I couldn't find the debit card for the Nationwide account I wanted to switch. (Thought I might have brought it to my overseas house to use with the card reader I left over there, so that I don't need to bring one from the UK whenever I'm travelling.)

But I started reading this thread and discovered that a debit card isn't actually required for the switch.

Account was opened entirely online in 15 minutes entering another debit card and my driving licence numbers for ID, no docs uploading required.

That's how I did it too. Then about 24 hours later I got an email and text to say I had to upload a photo of my ID. I did that and today I was told my account was open and card will follow. In fact they just texted again as I am typing this to say card and pin will be dispatched within 48 hours.
  • bioboybill wrote: »
    That's how I did it too. Then about 24 hours later I got an email and text to say I had to upload a photo of my ID. I did that and today I was told my account was open and card will follow. In fact they just texted again as I am typing this to say card and pin will be dispatched within 48 hours.

I have had the same two texts this evening, awaiting card and pin in the post, hopefully it’s then nice and easy to get registered online and to order a card reader.
  • bioboybill
    bioboybill Posts: 3,412
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    And this morning I had an email with my customer number. They said I will get a code to enable me to get online banking within 48 hours.
  • I’ve got an email with my customer number this morning, my card has also arrived in the post just now. Waiting for the code via email as well so I can get set up online.
  • clivep
    clivep Posts: 575
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Well, I'd been putting this off because I couldn't find the debit card for the Nationwide account I wanted to switch. (Thought I might have brought it to my overseas house to use with the card reader I left over there, so that I don't need to bring one from the UK whenever I'm travelling.)

But I started reading this thread and discovered that a debit card isn't actually required for the switch.

My debit card hadn't arrived for my donor a/c so I opened the NatWest a/c without specifying the switch details. I then commenced the switch once I had received the debit card for the donor a/c.

I did it this way because on the NatWest switching screen were words to the effect that to use CASS you had to give the debit card number of the old a/c if a debit card had been supplied.
  • LuSiVe
    LuSiVe Posts: 1,059
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I didn't have my B account card handy so just didn't supply the details. Switch went through fine.
  • pmatt_2
    pmatt_2 Posts: 54 Forumite
    Still no online access. Still waiting for the code . . .
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,513
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    pmatt wrote: »
    Still no online access. Still waiting for the code . . .

It has been said before but you can get online with customer number & debit card, as well as , I think account & sortcode. You can then set up your security
    The activation code is only another way to do the same thing.

The thing is that you really do need to order a card reader because without that you can not pass the second level of security to move money, set up SOs DDs etc.. You click on the security link to order reader.
    Ordered mine last Saturday.... still waiting! Luckily I have a Nationwide one
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks
    -Stash busting: 337 in 2022
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 24 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 58 £61 spent!!! already
  • pmatt_2
    pmatt_2 Posts: 54 Forumite
    Katiehound wrote: »
    It has been said before but you can get online with customer number & debit card, as well as , I think account & sortcode. You can then set up your security
    The activation code is only another way to do the same thing.

The thing is that you really do need to order a card reader because without that you can not pass the second level of security to move money, set up SOs DDs etc.. You click on the security link to order reader.
    Ordered mine last Saturday.... still waiting! Luckily I have a Nationwide one

I already tried that, but it wouldn't allow me to register because they think I'm a drug dealer. Until they've completed their additional checks, it's no dice for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure